Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, as I was turning into my parking lot at work, the car just died. No power steering but the low oil light and SEL came on. The raido and A/C never skipped a beat and the only way I know it died was I couldn't turn the wheel as easy as before. This has happened twice now. I can't reproduce the problem. All I know was that I was driving really hard before and braking really hard when turning both times.

Is this the same issue as the other stalling chargers? Anyone know what might be wrong or a fix?

·
Vendor
10,364 Posts
Today, as I was turning into my parking lot at work, the car just died. No power steering but the low oil light and SEL came on. The raido and A/C never skipped a beat and the only way I know it died was I couldn't turn the wheel as easy as before. This has happened twice now. I can't reproduce the problem. All I know was that I was driving really hard before and braking really hard when turning both times.

Is this the same issue as the other stalling chargers? Anyone know what might be wrong or a fix?
One of the things that does happen is the injectors tend to get buildup because of the copper, vanadium and amine that combines under heat. If your injectors get partially clogged, this is what can result.

Using typical fuel additives can help get some of it off the injectors but combine with the materials in the fuel and put it right back on.

If you use the ACES IV Gasoline Formula it will clean the in tank pump, injectors and clean and lubricate the cylinderbores.

It will run like it did when it was new, and if you continue to use it every fill up, the stalling issue will not ever return.

Just an FYI

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
One of the things that does happen is the injectors tend to get buildup because of the copper, vanadium and amine that combines under heat. If your injectors get partially clogged, this is what can result.

Using typical fuel additives can help get some of it off the injectors but combine with the materials in the fuel and put it right back on.

If you use the ACES IV Gasoline Formula it will clean the in tank pump, injectors and clean and lubricate the cylinderbores.

It will run like it did when it was new, and if you continue to use it every fill up, the stalling issue will not ever return.

Just an FYI

Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:
Hi Brian,

We had a very informative scientific technical discussion of the advantages of your Quantum oils vs. Mobile 1 on the SRT board. I'd like to have a similar one here of your Aces IV vs. other well known fuel treatments such as STP or other brands of fuel additives/injector cleaners.

As you know, my father was a Ph.D. chemist for Sunoco for 35 years and worked extensively on oils and Sunoco Ultra 94 as well as Sunoco Red, Blue, and Purple racing fuels. We used to participate in the fuels/oils testing for Mark Donahue (Indy) and Sterling Marlin (NASCAR) race teams and our family car was part of the original unleaded fuel testing ('66 Impala Station Wagon 327 cid). I have been very dissatisfied with the fuels available since I first moved to the midwest and since to the midsouth (no Sunoco Ultra) and can feel what they are taking away from my engine performance. The additives I have used have helped, but are less effective than I would like.

What makes yours better than others? (in-depth technical detail as always please)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did you just fill up your gas tank before the stalling occurred?

If the gas cap isn't tightened correctly, the car can stall.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at half tank. However, I don't see how a clogged injector could cause the engine to die. I mean the car is made to run on half the cylinders anyway. It won't run great but it shouldn't die completely. I checked the trouble codes through the EVIC and didn't see any. The first time it died I had been using lucas additive on a long trip. I had since stopped using it as I thought it might be the problem. That was at least 4 tanks ago.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Check your fuel filter, sounds like it might be partially clogged causing reduced or intermittent fuel flow stoppage.

BTW, if you don't already have an electronic copy of your Owners Manual, you can download one for free at the following site: http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2007 r/t r/t, after highway speeds coming to a stop to proceed and it would stall out, it ended up being the transmission control module, had to be reflashed

·
Registered
313 Posts
It happened to me once when the car was fairly new. I was coming to a stop at a light and I also couldn't hear the engine die over the AC blowing. But when I went to change lanes I realized I had no power steering.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

UPDATE:

I just had to have a new fuel sender replaced. It had gotten to the point I couldn't go below 1/4 tank and turn hard left and still have the car run. Only way to solve it was to put 2 gal. gas in then it would start right up. This time, I actually was able to get a code using the Diablo.

Perhaps, this was the issue and it was very intermittent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts