Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup they are 20's staggered 9.5 in rear and 8.5 in front. i just need a drop and it should look ok.they are wrapped in falken 245 and 255/35. before yall start flaming on me i didnt go with 275's cuz these wheels are not meant for this car. they had to throw on a 1/2 inch spacer in the rears and in the front they had 2 cut the bolts.turns out axis designed the wheel so that no other lugnut fits.so if i throw 275's it will rub.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Not bad, but like you said, it definitely needs to be lowered. I wanted to look into lowering mine but my tires are too thick. There is a guy on the forums here who is running the same size wheels as me (22 x 9.5 front and 22 x 11 rear) and he lowered it and does not rub, but hes running a 265/30 up front and a 295/25 in the back. It looks tight as hell but it sure is a skinny tire... something the god forsaken streets of Chicago simply would not allow!

In short, I like em, but definitely lower the car and it will look a million times better. Be sure to post pics when you're done!

-Pat

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not bad, but like you said, it definitely needs to be lowered. I wanted to look into lowering mine but my tires are too thick. There is a guy on the forums here who is running the same size wheels as me (22 x 9.5 front and 22 x 11 rear) and he lowered it and does not rub, but hes running a 265/30 up front and a 295/25 in the back. It looks tight as hell but it sure is a skinny tire... something the god forsaken streets of Chicago simply would not allow!

In short, I like em, but definitely lower the car and it will look a million times better. Be sure to post pics when you're done!

-Pat
thanx bro yeah the streets here in cali are really tough here as well.well i promise once i lower it or lower the next charger dependidng on my lemon law case ill post pics.

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Tires are too thin and if I had to do all that to fit the rims I wouldn't have done it ... cutting bolts and using spacers just doesn't sound all that safe ...

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
what was the bolt pattern on those. I have some 20" staggered axis ordens and I hope I don't run into this kind of problem.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No one else has mentioned anything of this nature. Did you get shipped the wrong offset?

·
Registered
708 Posts
That looks really nice - you are a brave soul rollin through Cali with that little amount of rubber on your car. Remember how heavy our cars are.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
what was the bolt pattern on those. I have some 20" staggered axis ordens and I hope I don't run into this kind of problem.
u see u probably will cuz axis made these wheels for euro cars but there sister company is advertising them to fit the lx models.wich in reality they do fit but our lug bolts are too long.they provide you with lugnuts wich are made custom to fit inside the holes in the wheels.but where the problem comes in is that the lugnuts are 1 of a kind specially for this wheel and are only threaded half way,so the bolt taps out with out tightning.as far as safe goes it wasnt much we had to cut maybe an 8th if anything just enough for the lugnut to tightend.in the back we made custom hub rings to keep the wheels from vibrating.the ordes might be different i dont know what the lug nut holes look like but i wish u luck buddy.and u probably took advantege of axis 100 dollar bill sale huh.cuz i got mine for 400 out the door

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
No one else has mentioned anything of this nature. Did you get shipped the wrong offset?

welp its confirmed.

i have a set of the black VIP 8.x 20 in boxes.

just dry fit them on my car.
they mated fine once i removed the brake disk retaining washers.

i have aftermarket lugs (smaller in diameter then the stock dodge lugs).
they dont fine in the lug holes on the wheels.

called wheelstudio and they are going to call me back they have the right lugs (supposedly) and he is looking now and will return my call.

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
136 Posts
Im guessing this problem is only with VIP's since the ordens have the center cover and there are no lug holes. I didnt really have any problem with getting my axis ordens installed. Just had to get aftermarket ones because stock ones didnt have the right kinda shape where they meet with the wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts