Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally was able to get around swapping out my Hotchkis sway bars for the new Stack Performance Chubby Pro sways (aka, I took my car there and had the guys install them for me). Initially I wasn't too sure at how much of a difference I would be able to tell because the Hotchkis sway bars all ready made an extremely noticeable difference in keeping the car flatter while cornering. Sure enough I wasn't disappointed at all with the Chubby Pro's. There is a 270* on ramp that I take to get back onto the freeway from work everyday and I was able to take it around 10mph faster, before I could hear the tires squeal and feel them beginning to break loose. Now I understand that is not scientific in any way, but it is definitely a felt increase in handling ability.

Now don't get me wrong I bought the Hotchkis because from I found they were the best available at the time. Well they have been outdone I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to get the most out of their charger's handling. Big air five to Ryan and his team! :bigthumb:

Don't worry I'll get some pictures up later on, because I know everyone loves those.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Sounds Great Nick! Need to see them in action on our next mountain run!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wrestling, you wasted no time testing them out, huh? lol

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you approve. (especially after seeing how hard you drive your car on a few of the cruises.)

We're also pleased with the end result as to how well these perform. Lifting a wheel coming into a stout driveway is always awesome! Let me know once you've experienced it. People will trip out if they're watching you. Make sure to tell them that they are witnessing sway bars do as they are supposed to do....

-Ryan
SP

·
Registered
424 Posts
Other than the adjustability, what's the difference between the Stubby and the Stubby Pro?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Other than the adjustability, what's the difference between the Stubby and the Stubby Pro?
IIRC the Chubby pros are adjustable letting you set the amount of stiffness/preload (translates into flatter corners, but too much of that can be a bad thing for straight line comfort... i think) you put on the bar.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IIRC the Chubby pros are adjustable letting you set the amount of stiffness/preload (translates into flatter corners, but too much of that can be a bad thing for straight line comfort... i think) you put on the bar.
x2 Basically you can make the Chubby Pro's stiffer than the regular Chubby's.

*It just sounds so funny reading that back to myself outloud. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Straight-line should lose much with this set-up. The usage of the adjustable end links will help make up for some of this.

Obviously, sway bars are more for road racing/handling. A good end link and adjustable coilover is your best bet for straight line though.

Wrestling, have you notice any negatives in straight-line?

x2 Basically you can make the Chubby Pro's stiffer than the regular Chubby's.

*It just sounds so funny reading that back to myself outloud. :biggrinjester:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts