Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Charger SRT8 is the only one ive ran into w/o a factory sunroof so my question is aren't sunroofs pretty standard on SRTilla's? For 06 i got everything else as far as options go.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Mine's got one, but that's what I wanted. I've only seen a couple of other srt's (parked so I could see them) and they did not have sunroofs.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Our super bad moderator Patrick has no sun roof on his SRT. He's proud of it since his car is lighter by a few pounds than mine and therefore faster. I think he hates sunshine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine is an 08 and doesnt have a sunroof. I didnt want one. Kinda hard to find.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Mines an 08 and it came with it.....did`nt want it, but thats how it sat. I have opened mine once in almost 2 years

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
yeah im a 06, mine was on the lot (i didnt order it)

i figure they think of it as-if your gettin the top of the line you might as well go all out.:rocker:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
No sunroof on mine. And yeah I hate sunlight.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Our super bad moderator Patrick has no sun roof on his SRT. He's proud of it since his car is lighter by a few pounds than mine and therefore faster. I think he hates sunshine.
haha, i'm really a vampire:devil:...

i'm guessing on the charger... that sunroof is between 60-100lbs... hell, on a mini cooper it's 66lbs with all the componets... from what I read on another forum... so for every 100lbs shaved that suppose to free up 10hp

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Mine has one. I didn't really want it and looked all over the mid-south to for one without but couldn't find any at the time (early '06). I have since only seen one in the entire area without a sunroof (black '08). I rarely use it but it's kinda nice to have it open occasionally.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I don't have one. 2006 inferno red SRT8 :devil:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mine has one, don't like it though. Vary rarely do I ever use it. I actually was looking for an SRT8 with no sunroof when I bought mine, but the only one that had the other options I wanted had a sunroof so I had it shipped on up.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Why do some of you guys prefer a SRT without the sunroof? Is it due to the extra weight?
Lots of reasons to not want one. First, they are ugly on most colors. Second, the weight. Third, less head room. Fourth, they are known to rattle. Fifth, sunroof leaks anyone?

I think the sunroof is especially ugly on Torred cars.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Without a sunroof, do you gain extra roof clearance from the inside? ie: is the Roof at a lower slope with a sunroof?
There is more room inside the car if this is what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Lots of reasons to not want one. First, they are ugly on most colors. Second, the weight. Third, less head room. Fourth, they are known to rattle. Fifth, sunroof leaks anyone?

I think the sunroof is especially ugly on Torred cars.
nicely said...

also, I just don't think they look right on these cars but that's me:slap: feel free to flame me:cowsmile:

·
Banned
3,658 Posts
I love my sunroof. nothin like stickin your head out of it going 160 :rocker: lol.....not really. Ive never had a car w/ a sunroof, and honestly Ive never had it open with this car yet. it wasnt a selling point on the car for me, its just there. if i want wind to come in I put my windows down lol.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts