Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
and how in the world did you do this? seems like a perfect fit and a perfect solution for a major problem.....tell us your secret!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an SRT8 (300 however, not Charger) with a full size spare. I figured some of you guys might be interested in this :)
Please Master, give us the details. I haven't sweated not having a spare up to this point with roadside assistance, but if it could be done without giving up trunk space, I'd be all for it.:knockout:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
He probably does not live in the US. Other countries have different motor laws. There have been several LX owners post there full size spare in there SRT. The changes in the rear storage bin are made at the factory in Austria (where the european LX's are built).

Or it has been changed for the 2008 US LX's and now it will come with a full size spare.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Take a close look at that battery.
I'm thinking it looks a lot smaller than the factory one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hopefully 2007blacksrt8 will tell us how he did it. This is one mod I would love to do. I still think its ridiculous that the SRT8 doesn't have a spare tire. This is one mod that ALL of us SRT8 owners could use!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Our batteries are that size for a very good reason. Unless someone has a replacement with the same life, cranking amps, etc, I'm not planning on changing. Plus, I like that extra storage down there...

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Am I the only one that didnt realize we didnt have a spare till I got home?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Our batteries are that size for a very good reason. Unless someone has a replacement with the same life, cranking amps, etc, I'm not planning on changing. Plus, I like that extra storage down there...
Well I can tell you these Optima batterys have plenty of power,and then some.They are also pricey..I have anywhere between 100.00-160.00

·
Registered
85 Posts
I noticed.However the salesman told me it had run-flats.A week later I found out it didnt.Went back and pitched a fit and they gave me road hazard.Whoopy-doo..lol

um... the car COMES with roadside assistance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
um... the car COMES with roadside assistance.
Which doesn't do you a whole heck of a lot of good if the tire is not repairable or if you damage a rim at 2AM on a Sunday morning with the family in the car on the interstate. Most dealers don't stock the rim, and most tire dealers will have to order the tire.

Bottom line imho, you can kiss a few days of your vacation trip good bye for want of a spare.

·
Registered
85 Posts
sure it does!

they will bring a flatbed, tow your car to the nearest dealer, and get you a rental car.

what the hell are you doing driving with your family at 2:00am anyway! get a hotel room! LOL

·
Registered
731 Posts
The car should have a spare. Bottom line. Much easier to get out, jack car up, remove tire, put new one on and get on your way within 20 minutes or so. Sorry, but that is easier then calling a towing service, waiting, going to a dealer, waiting, getting a rental, returning the rental and having to wait for a simple tire repair.

I am not lazy! Give me a spare and I will be glad to get dirty. ;)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Well I can tell you these Optima batterys have plenty of power,and then some.They are also pricey..I have anywhere between 100.00-160.00
I believe it, I just don't know their life (or number of hours they can sustain power with the engine off).

Of course, I bet our OEM batteries are pretty pricey too....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I believe it, I just don't know their life (or number of hours they can sustain power with the engine off).

Of course, I bet our OEM batteries are pretty pricey too....

optima batters > OEM batteries

in EVERY way.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts