Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to get opinions about my setup basically I traded my RT for an SRT8 and instead of taking a hit on selling my Mopar intake and buying a new one specifically for SRT8's I just went ahead and put my old 5.7 Mopar intake on my new SRT8. I would assume that the SRT8 intake would be a little bit larger and suck in more air to produce more power, but how much power would I be gaining? 1-3 Hp maybe. I would basically be spending about $200-250 after selling my old intake and buying a new one, I figure that I might as well save my money for another mod like the Diablo Tuner.

Is there a difference between the 5.7 and the 6.1 intake? When I put the 5.7 on my SRT8 it seemed to fit perfecting, I thought it was going to be to small to even put it on.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any way you could do me the big favor of measuring the intake tubes size? I would really appreciate it and I would bet that other members would too knowing that they could by a 5.7 intake and would be the equivalent of a 6.1. Could you take some pics as well?

Here are mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just measured both and they are the same.
Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.

So what exactly did you measure a 5.7 intake and a 6.1?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same chit man..Will work on both.Congrats on the new purchase

Thanks

Your running a nos kit on your SRT8 right? Any regrets or complaints yet?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My brother's maggie R/T against my charger SRT8, same chit.
So then your brother ordered a 5.7 Mopar intake and you ordered the 6.1 right? And the ended up being the same size intake! Thats great new now I feel alot better about not selling my old intake and buying a new one being that they are exactly the same.:grin:

·
Registered
24 Posts
So then your brother ordered a 5.7 Mopar intake and you ordered the 6.1 right? And the ended up being the same size intake! Thats great new now I feel alot better about not selling my old intake and buying a new one being that they are exactly the same.:grin:
k&n 63-1114 intake is for the 5.7 and 6.1 so there ya go there both the same size peace

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Same with my AFE, on the side of the box it says for 5.7 and 6.1.... Im assuming the 6s have a different size intake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts