Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SRT8 and live up in ontario, and I dont really know what to do for the winter. I drove it last winter, but it was only for the last month so it wasn't really that bad. I dont want to use the stock rims i have now for winter tires but dont want to spend allot on the winter rims, ive looked around for steel but cant find them. Any suggestions for the tires/rims or anything to do in the winter? (besides not driving it at all hah )

·
Registered
65 Posts
I parked mine for the winter. Found a cheap awd subaru for a winter beater. When I prices out rims and rubber it was cheaper to park the car. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I purchased Firestone Winterforce ($89 US/ea, 18") and 18" ASA AR1 rims ($143 US/ea, and yes they do clear the Brembos) from TireRack.com last year.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I purchased Firestone Winterforce ($89 US/ea, 18") and 18" ASA AR1 rims ($143 US/ea, and yes they do clear the Brembos) from TireRack.com last year.
not sure if I asked you this before but did you get those at tirerack

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I wonder why they don't list those as a winter wheel package for the SRT... they have some other crappy set listed.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Yeah those look sharp for winter rims. Not a bad choice at all.

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
I'd think so. The new GT500 is the first Mustang with stock 19s for that very reason. They always kept the rims small.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I'd think so. The new GT500 is the first Mustang with stock 19s for that very reason. They always kept the rims small.
i've actually been thinking of getting some 18's and not just for winter... I would think they would get the job done... just need to find a cool set that work with the brembos

·
Premium Member
15,804 Posts
Check the brands the mustang guys are running. The Shelbys have big brakes too and as we have seen with RT rims on mustangs the bolt patterns are similar enough.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
Check the brands the mustang guys are running. The Shelbys have big brakes too and as we have seen with RT rims on mustangs the bolt patterns are similar enough.
I may get those ASRs and see how they are... I foresee a huge burnout...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts