Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this website site "Modernwebsite.com" that gives information on performance of vehicles and these are the cars that I would consider racing. These numbers are from the same website so hopefully they are pretty accurate and non buyest.

2006-2007 Dodge Charger SRT8:grin:
0-¼ mile : 13.5 sec @ 106.3 mph

1997-2001 Acura Integra Type-R:)
0-¼ mile : 14.5 sec @ 96.0 mph

2002-2005 Acura RSX Type-S :)
0-¼ mile : 15.2 sec @ 92.7 mph('02-'04)

2005-2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
0-¼ mile : 14.9 sec @ 95.5 mph

1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette :confused:
0-¼ mile : 13.6 sec @ 107.3 mph

2003-2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4 :)
0-¼ mile : 14.2 sec @ 102.0 mph

2003-2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra:(
0-¼ mile : 12.7 sec @ 110.1 mph
Probably would lose if the guy knows how to drive it.

2005-2007 Ford Mustang GT :)
0-¼ mile : 13.9 sec @ 104.0 mph

2004-2005 Honda S2000:)
0-¼ mile : 14.2 sec @ 98.0 mph

2005-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition :(
0-¼ mile : 13.0 sec @ 106.0 mph

2003-2006 Nissan 350Z:)
0-¼ mile : 14.1 sec @ 101.0 mph('03 manual)

2005-2006 Pontiac GTO:)
0-¼ mile : 13.5 sec @ 106.0 mph(manual est.)

2004-2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi:(
0-¼ mile : 13.2 seconds @ 104.0 mph

1993-1998 Toyota Supra Turbo :confused:
0-¼ mile : 13.6 sec @ 106.0 mph

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Most of those times are slower than other testers have gotten for those cars.

The exception is the EVO, no one else has gotten 13.0 from a stock one in a road test.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
I like the "Smiley Rating System"! :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like racing cars/trucks were not suppose to beat. :)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most of those times are slower than other testers have gotten for those cars.

The exception is the EVO, no one else has gotten 13.0 from a stock one in a road test.
Yeah I thought so too, 13.0 seems pretty low.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like racing cars/trucks were not suppose to beat. :)
Of course then its an actual a challenge but you also don't want to be murdered as you noticed I did not post anything for the Z06 I am just being realistic here, I wanted to post cars that members here have already raced and what you would most likely find in the street you also have to take into factor human error. It dosen't matter what you own if you don't know or don't have experience racing you could lose to a car that is slightly slower than yours.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the "Smiley Rating System"! :D
Thanks I put that in for those members that wouldn't be able to comprehend my post, lol.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another reason why I started this is because there have been members that have posted there kills when (forgive for being negative) its obvious that they should have won. Granted a kill is a kill, but similar to what mad mike said I prefer to race cars that I shouldn't be able to beat or a car that can actually compete with me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
IMHO road kills are crap. How do you know for sure that the other driver was actually in it for a win and not just f'n with you? Especialy if they are in a car that should be able to win a race with no problems?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
IMHO road kills are crap. How do you know for sure that the other driver was actually in it for a win and not just f'n with you? Especialy if they are in a car that should be able to win a race with no problems?
If you have any clue at all about driving and about the relative power of other cars you should know.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you have any clue at all about driving and about the relative power of other cars you should know.
x2..... You can usually tell by the sound and acceleration of a car if it has been moded or if it is stock. That is if you know about cars and what there stock potential is, Mcaesar do you know anything about car performance cause if you do (I am not saying that you don't) you should be able to distinguish a stock car from a moded one.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
x2..... You can usually tell by the sound and acceleration of a car if it has been moded or if it is stock. That is if you know about cars and what there stock potential is, Mcaesar do you know anything about car performance cause if you do (I am not saying that you don't) you should be able to distinguish a stock car from a moded one.
Sure, you can tell if it has been heavily modded but obviously there are minor mods that you can't tell from the outside that might give a car an advantage. For example, can someone racing a Charger tell if the Charger has a diablo tune and CAI? Obviously you can hear aftermarket exhaust but there are some mods that might give you just enough push to beat someone you would normally lose to without giving themself away.

Can you tell from the outside if a blown car has switched to a slightly smaller pulley?

After driving for many years you can distinguish heavy mods but some mods are so light it may not be easy to distinguish between

light mods
variance from car to car
driver ability

If a car that usually does a 14.0 does a 13.8 how do you know which one of the 3 it is?

But if a 14.0 car does a 12.9, well.....

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Those numbers are crap - looks like they copied MT (Motor Trend) who sometimes doesn't even test the cars.

Buy an issue of Car & Driver or Road & Track for more realistic numbers (that can be improved upon, even stock).

·
Registered
708 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but I wouldn't say ALL road kills are crap. How many people actually go to a track vs. how many people just like to have a fast car on the road? With all of these cars, there is approx. a one-second difference in the times. Bad gas, driver error, and a hundred other factors can wipe that one second advantage and make it a different race.
If two cars line up at a stoplight and both KNOW they are racing, it's not a crap kill if you win.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
I understand what you are saying, but I wouldn't say ALL road kills are crap. How many people actually go to a track vs. how many people just like to have a fast car on the road? With all of these cars, there is approx. a one-second difference in the times. Bad gas, driver error, and a hundred other factors can wipe that one second advantage and make it a different race.
If two cars line up at a stoplight and both KNOW they are racing, it's not a crap kill if you win.
The people who mod their cars and only race at the track don't want to hear this but...

They represent a very small percentage of the overall driving public and even a small percentage of overall races. Most races are not staged on carefully laid out 1/4 mile increments like a real life version of the Fast & the Furious.

Nope, most of the time one driver looks at another one and it is on - be it from a stoplight, staged start, or roll.

Another great misconception is that everyone who buys a performance car mods it - simply not true.

·
Registered
329 Posts
supra turbo....beats us. if it has any sort of mod (sorta...)...i want one soo bad

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes of course you won't be able to tell if some cars are slightly moded but then again when they are slightly moded it most likely means that the are slighty fast not suprisingly fast. And yes the numbers are probably a little off I wouldn't expect anyone to rely exactly on these numbers just something to give you an idea of what the cars can do. One magazine might claim that the car does 13.5 in the 1/4 mile the other might claim 13.3 or .2 and you might even get a lower or higher time due to different racing conditions or actually being a better driver than the tester, like I said before its just suppose to give you an idea not an exact number gees go easy on the numbers guys.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
supra turbo....beats us. if it has any sort of mod...i want one soo bad
Not entirely true...... :nervous s

I had my GF with me and just a CAI. 2x we raced a Supra TT 6M with intake and catback (obviously NO boost controller) and beat him both times, by a couple CLs. He was getting a nice scratch into 2nd too...

I was pretty happy about it.

We saw him again when we were on the bike - I told him he'll love the boost controller (I used to have an automatic TT making 383rwhp with cat).

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Yes of course you won't be able to tell if some cars are slightly moded but then again when they are slightly moded it most likely means that the are slighty fast not suprisingly fast. And yes the numbers are probably a little off I wouldn't expect anyone to rely exactly on these numbers just something to give you an idea of what the cars can do. One magazine might claim that the car does 13.5 in the 1/4 mile the other might claim 13.3 or .2 and you might even get a lower or higher time due to different racing conditions or actually being a better driver than the tester, like I said before its just suppose to give you an idea not an exact number gees go easy on the numbers guys.
Very true, but trap speeds are more telling.

MCeasar and I like Car & Driver (R&T isn't bad either)

They (C&D) fully disclose testing procedures and do not powershift. They make multiple runs and experiment with launch techniques. Also, they adjust for atmospheric conditions.

ETs are launch dependent but for an automatic equipped car, there isn't too much variance in trap speeds.

You can pretty much quote C&D and be spot-on in mph with slight variances due to drag prep (tire psi, icing the intake, cool downs, etc) and conditions.

Even Ranger, the (in)famous 10.85 @ 128.5mph C6 Z-06 owner on DRs only ran 3.5 mph faster than C&D. But on DRs, his ET was better by about .75 seconds....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts