Charger Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what can I expect to beat assuming that both I and the car that I am racing are stock? Let's just she what the possible contenders are Mustang GT's or better, Camaro SS, type of Corvette's, Subaru STI, SRT-4, Evolution, Honda s2000, Acura RSX Type-S??

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Ok what can I expect to beat assuming that both I and the car that I am racing are stock? Let's just she what the possible contenders are Mustang GT's or better, Camaro SS, type of Corvette's, Subaru STI, SRT-4, Evolution, Honda s2000, Acura RSX Type-S??
It would be easier to name the cars that can beat an SRT8 :grin:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be easier to name the cars that can beat an SRT8 :grin:
Funny, no but really, what could someone expect to beat? I know the car isn't that slow and I didn't really name anything that is radicoulusly fast.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
stock vs stock?
srt would take everything you listed as far as i know.. cept....
the vette Z06. that thing is a ***** and will blow you out of the water. the only car to outperform it so far has been the brand new vipers.(according to the car and driver road test, the new viper is the first car to beat the z06 on their road coarse since the z06 came out like 6 yrs ago... and it beat it by 1 second about... thats a LOT..)

the mustang gt = destroyed.
the 427 roush can take an srt without much effort. but that supercharger is cheating :) dono about the GTKR500 (shelby is it? has over 500 hp, and the limited edition super snake has over 600... with an option to go over 700 if you do something like pay a ton more and something about insurance)

idk.. the rest i think are toast
the corvette C6 is a pretty even match i think, with it coming down to whether or not the vette driver is any good at shifting(tho ive heard some say the srt can take em usually.. im not really sure)
unless your talkin the new camaros.. in which case i have no idea.

·
Registered
829 Posts
What about an SRT8 w/ 22" wheels vs. an RT w/ Sidewinder Cam, LT Headers, Catback, Diablo etc????

I think Metgo and I might give you a good run there! :grin:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What about an SRT8 w/ 22" wheels vs. an RT w/ Sidewinder Cam, LT Headers, Catback, Diablo etc????

No 22's on this one but if your local I can sure give you a shot at trying to beat me :lol:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your concerns would be the EVO, and the Camaro SS both doing low to mid 13's. And of course teh ZO6but thats in a whole different category.
Eeeeh evos of the launch I guess would be a problem, but not on the freeway I was neck and neck with one that I know at least had an upgraded exhaust while I was bone stock. And if we are talking about 1/4 mile you should be able to play catch up, I know there AWD but that still dosen't change the fact there about a mid 13 second car, Corvette Z06 is given. What is an average driver pulling on an SRT8 in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
What is an average driver pulling on an SRT8 in the 1/4 mile?
My MagnumSRT (with cat back and CAI) all else is stock.

Fastest 1/4 time (13.04)

Slowest 1/4 time (13.5)

I have not run the Super Bee at the track yet.

·
Registered
968 Posts
the corvette C6 is a pretty even match i think, with it coming down to whether or not the vette driver is any good at shifting(tho ive heard some say the srt can take em usually.. im not really sure)
unless your talkin the new camaros.. in which case i have no idea.
Car and Driver had the '08 C6 (w/ the 436 HP LS3) pulling a 12.4 quarter-mile. Unless the vette driver is really really bad they'll eat the SRT alive.

I agree though, stock v. stock everything else on that list is beatable, but some of them will be tough if they have a good driver.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

I think so too.

·
Registered
377 Posts
...what about a Porche Cayman stock? Anyone know?

I pass the same one everyday on my way to work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have seen a SRT Jeep take out an 03 Z06 on Youtube. Try doing a a search I did not save it.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I have seen a SRT Jeep take out an 03 Z06 on Youtube. Try doing a a search I did not save it.
that jeep was supercharged amongst other things.

and no, i dont think you can take a cayman, but im not really sure, i want to say there awful powerful cars
a boxter tho would be lunchmeat. those things are weak.

and didnt they make the stock c6's a lot more powerful in the last year or 2? i know previous to that, corvettes were kinda ina slump with power outside of the z06. maybe im crazy. theyre comin out with a z07 in 09 too. it looks vicious, monster hood scoop. cant remember specs on it tho.

·
Registered
473 Posts
New Evo and New Camaro, not sure. EVERYTHING else accept the vette is lunchmeat stock vs stock. Actually, the grousome twosome with a redheaded stepchild (EVO, WRX, SRT-4) can still be dealt with if they're slightly modded. ESPECIALLY from a roll.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.