Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

sorry if this has been adressed already, i couldnt find the topic. I have an 06 srt8 and wanted to get a small hitch for a single sea doo PWC. im not sure who/if anyone makes a hitch for the srt8? if anyone has figured this out and can shoot me straight on what to do i would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
Just installed the Mopar hitch tonight, it is AWESOME. 2,000 lbs without load leveling trailer, 3,800 lbs with. LX forums has installation instructions that are extremely good. DO NOT follow the MOPAR instructions to remove the fascia. The support brackets can be CAREFULLY removed with a sawzall with the fascia still on.

I have not done the electrical yet, that will probably be Monday's project.

The hitch is hidden behind the fascia and had either Class 2 or Class 3 available. I bought the class 3 adapter.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
A trailer hitch.... you must be kidding.....
Yes, a trailer hitch, LOL.

Been driving SUV's since 1986, it was time to return to cars, and couldn't be happier. I have a friggin fleet to shuffle and move!

Mopar hitch is hidden out of sight, so when it's not being used, it's out of mind.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Are you guys serious? Why would you buy a performance car to haul things with?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Um. I thought this might have been a old April fool's thread that got pulled up from the dead, but apparently not. I know it's for a SeaDoo, but come on. A trailer hitch on a Charger SRT?

I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it... :cry:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Guys, I've thought of this myself. Its like this. I didnt buy my SRT-8 as a tow vehicle. Say we are going to VA camping in a cabin. Want to take a kayak, or the bikes.

WE could take the wifes 99 Blazer, which I hate to drive, or my car, which I love to drive. We're not talking about a 20foot camper, maybe an 8 foot cargo trailer, a bike carrier.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No offense, there's just something about it that feels so - I don't know - dirty.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just an FYI, the SRT8 is not rated to tow anything. It states it in the manual.

Now towing a small PWC may not be a problem, but if you do have tranny issues, take off the hitch befaor you take it in for service or yur warranty may be void.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yeah, there is that. My beleif is that the extra time/cost of getting the tow rating certified is something SRT sacrifices in the name of cost. Same tranny, beefier rear gearing, stouter axles. No reason it shouldnt be able to at least match the 5.7 rating.

I certainly wouldnt tow more than a dual PWC rig.

·
Registered
383 Posts
just for s***s n' giggles considering how these cars do with the rear tires hitting water are you not worried about Launching your car into the water?

the only thing mine hauls is ass!!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wtf????

U see, this is the kinda stuff that cracks me up.WHY PUT A F$%^&*$ HITCH ON ONE OF THE FASTEST AND BEST SPORTS SEDANS MADE???? Save a couple extra hundred and just get a beater pickup that do the job safer and better? can we get back to how to get more wheaties out of the SRT-8 please...no more crap about V6's or R/Ts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear SRT Engineers:

On behalf of the Charger SRT8 owners who appreciate this fine automobile I would like to apologize for the dorks who have absolutely no clue.

Sincerely,
Black One

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Um. I thought this might have been a old April fool's thread that got pulled up from the dead, but apparently not. I know it's for a SeaDoo, but come on. A trailer hitch on a Charger SRT?

I'm starting to tear up just thinking about it... :cry:
There is a disturbance in the force

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I came to this forum looking for an answer to a specific question, not to have my time wasted by any number of low class uneducated degenerates who have their Dodge sedan confused with a Ferrari. If a Dodge is the finest automobile you will ever be able to attain for yourself, and should you choose to regard it with a religious fervor second not even to that reserved for God himself, the more power to you; I do not share your delusion. However I had hoped for enough civility on this forum to be allowed to ask an honest question without being bombarded with insults by fools using eighth grade language such as “dork.” I love my charger, however I am in a financial position to have several much nicer cars, and bought the one in question to use as my everyday beater, which is no ones business but my own. To be clear, I also have a capable dodge truck for towing, which has no bearing on the fact that I wish to pull my rxp with my charger, nor do I feel the need to further explain why I wish to do so. You see I came here for one very specific reason, to humbly ask if there were anyone on this site who HAS SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED A TRAILER HITCH ON THEIR CHARGER SRT8, and if so to ask THEIR advice. Beyond this, I do not in any capacity care whether or not any of you like the thought, though for some of you I feel I should apologize for making you think at all, as I know it must have been a painfully unfamiliar experience. I will look for answers elsewhere.

Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used mopar hitch and wiring harness. if you need the part numbers i can get it for you.

Ive had no troubles at all pulling my trailer. actually pulls much better than a1/2 gmc pickup.

I have pics im trying to get them posted for you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.