Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, for you seasoned gurus...If was to come accross an SRT8 that was being parted out, what would be a logical, functional, and beneficial part(s) to swap? Im not sure what would be worth while and worth my money to grab. Any inputs??

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Did you find one, by chance?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I in fact may have, but I need some answers before I give up my source. At that point I'll be happy to pass it on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine, trans, pcm, ecm, and everything but the trunk lid.
LOL
I know alot is in fact swapable, but my main question is what would be a beneficial upgrade compared to an R/T? Like brakes, suspension parts, other stuff????

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm picking up a SRT-8 suspension (springs and struts). If you can get things for a good price, grab the front fascia if it's intact, rims if you can, rear diffuser, etc. Brakes, fo sho.

Like TBY said, anything unique to the SRT-8; grab the computer for programming/swapping purposes maybe.

Suspension should be a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
If you can get the entire suspension, do it. People have been selling them and I'm pretty sure I've seen people switch them over. I think the brakes can be done, but I am nearly certain the stock RT rims dont clear.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
What do SRT8 interiors look like? I know what the seats look like but what about everything else?? panels, differences, extras, colors.

As far as suspension I already have aftermarket coilovers and sways but I'm wondering if anything else is beefier, like the end links for example.

and if I go with the brakes, I could always grab the wheels too so I won't have clearance problems if I take the 22"s off to go burn some rubber.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well since I haven't heard from the guy after last night here's the thread if you are interested in some SRT8 parts.

Although he hasn't posted since he was asked for picures of his supposed "totaled SRT8" Hmmmm???

Here ya go...

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=79325

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Spoiler...hey if you need to get rid of one...you can let me know.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just had SRT springs, shocks, and struts put on my RT today. Excellent move on my part. Handles better, rides better, and makes my 20s look MEAN.
S.D.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Your "SOURCE"?! How is it a source when it's a public thread on a forums of LX enthusiasts we all visit? haha. Some secret you have there.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it was my source because you all didn't know about it until I shared. Granted you could have found out about it on your own but who knows when that would of been. I couldn't just add to the exposure without first checking on stuff I'm looking for. Ya feel me??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts