Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy my first new set of tires for my '10 SRT Charger. I'm thinking of going wider with 255 vice the stock 245's, and, I'm a little old fashioned and would like to see a little more sidewall height. Any thoughts from others who have strayed from stock tire sizes? They have to be compatible with stock suspension - no lifting. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I need to buy my first new set of tires for my '10 SRT Charger. I'm thinking of going wider with 255 vice the stock 245's, and, I'm a little old fashioned and would like to see a little more sidewall height. Any thoughts from others who have strayed from stock tire sizes? They have to be compatible with stock suspension - no lifting. Thanks.
I have 255s on mine, they are nice. I went with 45 sidewall. The slightly wider tire will give you a larger sidewall. The 45 means that it 45% of the width of the tire. So be careful; going with a 50 sidewall on a wider tire may be a lot higher than you're expecting. Don't go larger than a 50 sidewall either, you'll start hitting the fender wells at that point.

You can go staggered...meaning you can run wider tires on the back and smaller tires on the front. So 275s on the back and 255s on the front.

The hardest part is picking the best tire for you. I just bought new Michelin Pilot Super Sports...255/45/R20 on all four corners. They look good!

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1387440413.973743.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1387440431.259153.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
If you are looking for an all season tire with the best winter grip for 255/45-20 then go with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. I have used 2 sets of them and they are great. If you are in an area where snowfall is very light and want slightly better dry handling then go with the General G-MAX AS-03.

For summer tires, I don't think you can beat the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Nothing comes close in this size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts