Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i have read everywhere the srt8 charger/magnum includes bilstein shocks. what type of bilstein shocks? does anyone know if we can purchase them now/or if they are available or will be available?

i need some help from you expert srt8 guys out there!!!!!

thanks in advance,
godaddy

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Godaddy,

Contact hotchkis performance

http://www.hotchkis.net/cgi-bin/EDCstore.pl
They are in the process of making springs and sway bars for the charger rt and srt. Their suspension kit is amazing, I have it installed in by dodge ram and the truck rides on rails..... They have a deal with bilstein to modify the shocks to thier specs. thay may have an answer to the type of shock needed. I will definately change the swaybars on my srt8 when they have them complete (and of course if I ever get my car) :D

here is a pic of the 300

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ltdodge...no usually a big fan of the big rims (not a hater, just a choice), but damn that looks great on your 300.

thanks for info i will contact them today....i dropped my car (a little too far) with eibach sportline springs and i am either doing one of two things...1. putting on mopar springs with only the 1" drop or 2. finding new shocks to go with these springs.

i haven't bottomed out yet and i have had them on for a few weeks but the ride quality just isn't there for me....i am way to use to that luxury feel...i am trying to get a friend to go for a ride and tell me what he thinks (hemibates where are you) so i can make a decision. the car LOOKs amazing, i am still about 80%-90% happy about the ride. handles incredible and no front end pop on acceleration and drop on deceleration...the car stays straight as a level which really adds to the feel, but the roads that ride up and down like small rolling hills, they drive me crazy b/c that back end lifts up and down (too bouncy for me). i just need to stiffen that back end a little to keep it tighter to the ground..... does this make any sense.

again, thanks for reply i am calling them now

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Hey GoDaddy!! That's just a pic that LT sent you of the suspension setup from Hotchkis, it's not his. But he does have a Ram 1500 w/22". Hey LT, TOO MUCH BLING BLING Boner!!!!!! hehehe :twisted:

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohhhh oops. shocks are NOT gonna be a go for the charger from hotchkis, just got the email in....however swaybars work for the mag./300c will work with the charger. dang the luck on this shock thing, oh well, here i come gsm for the torque/fan control. yeeehaw more speed!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yaeah, I am waitinga s well for a kit. I have 22 wheels and think that anything over 1.5 " lower would be too much. I have been communicating with Eibach and they keep saying a couple of weeks? That was a month ago? They even say that it will be aggressive. That might be great for SEMA but for the rest of the guys who want to drive it everyday, i cant see going too low. And man I wish a brake kit was available that was not 5 g. It seems Brembo and Wilwood have something but ouch. I just need a little help with the open space I opened up in the wheel space. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
GoDaddy said:
ohhhh oops. shocks are NOT gonna be a go for the charger from hotchkis, just got the email in....however swaybars work for the mag./300c will work with the charger. dang the luck on this shock thing, oh well, here i come gsm for the torque/fan control. yeeehaw more speed!!!!

Oh well....I tried, just wait for aftermarket to catch up, you should see more things by next year

·
Registered
51 Posts
it does seem that it takes a few months to even a year for just about any major accessory. unfortunatly, iam suffering from premature lowrering needs.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maximus said:
it does seem that it takes a few months to even a year for just about any major accessory. unfortunatly, iam suffering from premature lowrering needs.

hehe he said "premature lowering needs". hehehe - i am feeling it also...the car looks amazing dropped with the 18 stock...i now know for sure i need shocks....had a few adults in the car and two in the back - the ride was incredible....having that extra weight really made a difference (hence my need for stiff shocks is correct) - bumps didn't feel like they do when just driving around by myself.....so here is my fix - anyone want to car pool so i can have stiff shocks and you can ride in the back :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GoDaddy said:
hehe he said "premature lowering needs". hehehe - i am feeling it also...the car looks amazing dropped with the 18 stock...i now know for sure i need shocks....had a few adults in the car and two in the back - the ride was incredible....having that extra weight really made a difference (hence my need for stiff shocks is correct) - bumps didn't feel like they do when just driving around by myself.....so here is my fix - anyone want to car pool so i can have stiff shocks and you can ride in the back :)
Not sure if I want to be seen with Beavis!! hu ha hu ha hu ha hu ha :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts