Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got my SRT8 and would like to put stripes on it but my local guy tryed and could not do it without creating wrinkles on the hood around the scoop. does any one else have this problem? and would ordering a kit change that problem? I want them to stay straight accross the car instead of curve.

Thank for the help

·
Registered
377 Posts
My graphics guy said that with the complexity of the curves on our cars...the only true way to get straight stripes from end to end would be by paint. The curvature is too complex for vinyl.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have seen one SRT-8 with the solid 1 stripe down the middle that looked great

·
Registered
283 Posts
You should contact Rider Graphix @ www.ridergraphix.com If it can be done in vinyl, they can do it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I looked into this for my previous car (charger srt8) and paint was my final conclusion as well. It shouldn't be much more than $400 for paint though.

·
Vendor
331 Posts
This is one of our kits on an SRT-8, It is tricky, but it can be done.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
that looks goooodd!!!! any other colors on a black csrt???

·
Registered
377 Posts
can you get the graphics going all the way down the front?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
This is one of our kits on an SRT-8, It is tricky, but it can be done.

Wow that looks good. By the way, where did you get those tires with the white lettering?!? I haven't been able to find any for my stock wheels.

·
Registered
771 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, they just painted the tires, probably with some special paint that adheres well to rubber.. Because those are OEM Eagle F1s..

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
i am not a big fan of making these cars look "old school" (white letters, striped) but the installation of chrome backed headlights is just not working for this car at all!!! i have the same projection lights, but with the normal black background to them......

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
See the member GEEKGIRL, she has 2 pink rally stripes in vinyl and they look really good, it can be done. Her's go bumber to bumper.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
does she have an srt or any kind of hood with a scoop???? that seems to be the issue.....

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
does she have an srt or any kind of hood with a scoop???? that seems to be the issue.....
No but it was all custom done. I see that now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That does it! I couldn't imagine why so many on this forum insisted on mods to a brand new car. Now you've got me wanting the rally stripes and cutouts before I get a thousand miles on the car. Sure would like to see some more with stripes. I could go yellow on the black to match the rumblebee or go with a dark silver so it won't be too flashy as I use this in place of the company car. Then I could say the heck with everybody and go with red.
Man do I hate this forum. Too much to think about now.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Your car looks GREAT!

JMO- But Friday I saw this black Dodge pickup. Out back almost at the bumper it had a simple Yellow stripe that ran vertical up the sides of the truck and over the bed cover. It totally MADE the truck! It turned a normal black truck into a huge eye catcher!

Something kinda like this but Yellow and HALF the width.
http://www.ridergraphix.com/Dodge_Ram_Bed.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts