Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY GUYS, JUST HIT 180 ON THE AUTOBANH, MAXED OUT! VERY SURPRISED AND HONESTLY DIDN'T REALIZE IT UNTIL I LOOK DOWN DUE TO THE AUTOBANH NEEDING MY FULL ATTENTION WHEN GOING FAST. I HAVE GONE 160-165 BEFORE, BUT HEARD IT WAS GOVERN AROUND 170. NOW I'M CONFUSED! IS IT OR ISN'T IT GOVERN? APPARENTLY ITS NOT FOR ME, OR MAYBE THE TOOK IT OFF CUZ I BOUGHT IT FOR OVERSEAS BUT I DOUBT THAT.:driving:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
HEY GUYS, JUST HIT 180 ON THE AUTOBANH, MAXED OUT! VERY SURPRISED AND HONESTLY DIDN'T REALIZE IT UNTIL I LOOK DOWN DUE TO THE AUTOBANH NEEDING MY FULL ATTENTION WHEN GOING FAST. I HAVE GONE 160-165 BEFORE, BUT HEARD IT WAS GOVERN AROUND 170. NOW I'M CONFUSED! IS IT OR ISN'T IT GOVERN? APPARENTLY ITS NOT FOR ME, OR MAYBE THE TOOK IT OFF CUZ I BOUGHT IT FOR OVERSEAS BUT I DOUBT THAT.:driving:
Mine topped out @ 173...along with most others. If its modded then you can go faster

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all i added was the mopar cai. anyone else maxed out before?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I`m running magnaflo hi-flo mids, JBA catback, and an AFE II CAI...no PRED. Damm i wish we had an autobahn in the US!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
damn 180!! ridiculous!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wish that too bro. that's why i'm never going back to the states even when i'm done with the military. yes i miss the conviency of the states but here, everything is better; food, beer, girls, autobanh, everthing! I still love the US that's why i'm still in the Army but you guys just don't know how fun and safer it is on the autobanh. yeah, i said safer. germans don't drive like jerks here and the have a fast lane for fast cars and will move over to let you go faster!:beerchug:

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
i wish that too bro. that's why i'm never going back to the states even when i'm done with the military. yes i miss the conviency of the states but here, everything is better; food, beer, girls, autobanh, everthing! I still love the US that's why i'm still in the Army but you guys just don't know how fun and safer it is on the autobanh. yeah, i said safer. germans don't drive like jerks here and the have a fast lane for fast cars and will move over to let you go faster!:beerchug:
I know about the girls...had a few buddies in the service and i know how friendly & freaky they are! I don`t know about your bee, but the faster i go in mine the smoother it gets! I mean, its like glass!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, very smooth! like i said. didn't even realize it til i look down at the gauge. i was hating on the fact that our cars weighting so heavy but kinda glad now. imagine going that fast in something light. crazy!:driving:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hmm, shouldnt be possible, not without adding a lot more power than a CAI will. Just not enough power to get past that.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
SRT doesnt govern its vehicles thats why the charger beats the benz and bmw in its class they are governed at 155

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Hmm, shouldnt be possible, not without adding a lot more power than a CAI will. Just not enough power to get past that.
agree most hit 168-173 stock car and driver hit 168

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I don't know if this matters or not, but when I was running my SRT8 on the dyno at Akron Horsepower, the car would stop going faster every time at 169.9 mph. All the pulls would hit that and then it was like the fuel cut off.

Brian

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

Car & Driver redlined 4th at 173 and 5th wouldn't pull past 172 as it was tall a gear with that HP

Perhaps if you went to a taller gear where redline in 4th would be at 180 or a much shorter gear to allow 5th gear to be in the powerband over 170 you might be able to pull 180 with just a CAI

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
well also cars dont always make hp up till redline like my cobra redlined at 7200 with the new engine but stopped making hp at 6800 rpm

·
Registered
330 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe the SRT does have a cutout point, I was thinking it was around 176 or so. That's why the predator has an option of adjusting the top speed down or up to 200 MPH. Not that the car would make it to 200, but you can set the cutout at that point if you so desire.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Hey, BC, how things:) You know anyone works at Spriit Aerosystems?

Anyway, I know the Diablo does have that setting, but its possible it doesnt change anything. No telling without looking at it deeper, but its possible.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
i'm thinking it can do 180... I got up to 155 before and it felt like it had way more than just another 15mph or so left on the table:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
i'm thinking it can do 180... I got up to 155 before and it felt like it had way more than just another 15mph or so left on the table:rocker:
well 15mph is alot when about 150 lots of force from wind etc etc

as for the predator setting thats probably standard on all predators and would/can work on a car that is speed limited. SRT says they dont limit their vehicles. they are drag limited.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

See, aerodynamic resistnace (drag) isnt a simple thing, where it takes the same power to go from 140mph to 150 as it does to go from 130 to 140. From the wiki'

Note that the power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. A car cruising on a highway at 50 mph (80 km/h) may require only 10 horsepower (7.5 kW) to overcome air drag, but that same car at 100 mph (160 km/h) requires 80 hp (60 kW). With a doubling of speed the drag (force) quadruples per the formula.
So, if you need an extra 20hp to get from 140 to 150, then you'll need an extra 80 to get from 150 to 160. Now, the Neon SRT-4 was drag limited to the 148-150 range. With the Stage 3 kit, which added +130whp, the top end moved into the 173 range. I know this becuase of a conversation I had with an insider, who mentioned that he thought it might have gone a little higer, even but they "ran out of runway". So, going from 230whp to 360whp gained only 25 or so mph top end.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts