Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I hold down my ESP button for 5 seconds the chime will sound and on my dash it will say ESP is off (will not exactly in those words). Does this completey turn off the ESP giving you full control to go out of control:knockout: .

Is this basically like doing the no ESP mod on the RT with a switch where the ESP/BAS light comes on?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
yup, on your evic it should read ESP DEACTIVATED

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
So what is turned off if you just push the button for a second and it says its off.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, that what comes up, does this means its COMPLEEEETLY off or does the computer still kick in any way to stop it from burining out?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what is turned off if you just push the button for a second and it says its off.
I guess it dosen't fully disable the traction control.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
just pushing the button will turn it off 70% i believe

Right, that what comes up, does this means its COMPLEEEETLY off or does the computer still kick in any way to stop it from burining out?
yup 100% off. Boy is it easy to get her sideways when it's all the way off :grin:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I love getting sideways, just did it for the first time last night, its crazy to have control while of your car while at the same time being out of control.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Okay, what turns off.

1. Traction control (what stops both wheels from spinning)
2. ESP intervention (Steeringwheel vs yaw sensor comparison)

Whats not

1. Brake Lock Differential (when one wheel spins faster than the other)
2. Torque managment (drops power during shifts)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Will the Predator allow full power upshifts with ESP deativated on the SRT?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
The SRT's three function switch for ESP disable, does not fully disengage the ESP system. It just further reduces the torque management, but not eliminate it.

As far as I know, only the NoESP or the cheapo switch mod can actually remove all ESP management. (note: codes are thrown when doing it this way)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Crow, its what I listed, the book isnt quite accurate. I asked the SRT Engineers, who provided that answer to me.

ESP itself is fully off, as is traction control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts