Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me (I know GoDaddy is probably already waiting on delivery :happy: )
if I need to buy an entire SRT8 hood if I want that scoop look or can that somehow be integrated into the existing hood. Also, if I buy a new hood I'm assuming it's unpainted?
(Anyone want to buy a slightly used R/T hood?)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts

Normal hood.

SRT hood.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Whole hood & it is unpainted.
I bought the truck SRT hood for my truck rather than the bolt-on scoop. The SRT Charger hood is not a bolt-on scoop.
They come primer only so they need paint on both sides, I guess you could save some cash and paint the top only - it was offered by the body shop but seemed like a rust issue so I had mine painted top & bottom.

Here is a hint I learned about. Do not look in the standard parts list when ordering. Order from the COLLISION listing. When doing this you get all the little extras with the hood, like the plastic scoop insert. If you order from the standard parts book you need to order each part individually, and usually there is one part on backorder (on new, hot items)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was discussing this with the dealer when I was buying my car, and they said they could order the hood for me. and it would be painted to match from the factory... I havent actually TRIED to order it yet.. so who knows..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Jason R/T said:
I was discussing this with the dealer when I was buying my car, and they said they could order the hood for me. and it would be painted to match from the factory...
It looks like DC may be offering some of the more popular items in prepainted form: Leeparts.com shows an SRT-8 grille available in prepainted form, so maybe the same applies to the hood.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. I got the grill prepainted so I was wondering if the hood might come that way as well.
Too bad the scoop can't be integrated into the old hood. Man, my wife's gonna freak when I make the old hood a coffee table. : :happy:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Coffee table? Nah, make a combo headboard/gong out of it:) Now that'll impress:)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did I know DutchMaster!
Let me know if you have a good body shop you trust. Mine's ok and they didn't charge extra for the scratches they put on my trunk while installing the spoiler last week!

How much is this part going to hit me for (if you know already)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Hemiready said:
How did I know DutchMaster!
Let me know if you have a good body shop you trust. Mine's ok and they didn't charge extra for the scratches they put on my trunk while installing the spoiler last week!

How much is this part going to hit me for (if you know already)
I've heard somewhere in the 6-700 dollar range ... sounds about right.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
I know you guys are talking about an entire hood, but I have been installing the scoops on the Charger and everyone that I installed one for loves it. I can do painted to match or Flat Black for the Daytona or the Daytona look in conjunction with the stripes I have been doing.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
<Mr. Mackey>Seams are bad, mmkay?</Mr. Mackey>

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
epoch said:
<Mr. Mackey>Seams are bad, mmkay?</Mr. Mackey>
I agree, I don't like the seam around the scoop. Thats just my opinion. When I do my hood, its gonna get the body filler (fiberglass, not BondNo) to be seamless. Then the flat black decal will be painted on. I don't plan on doing this to the factory hood, so I have to wait for the price to come donw on fact. replacement or find a good after market 1off....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts