Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for an SRT8 Hood for my R/T. Now I'm not trying to be an SRT8 wanna-be, I just love how the hood is functional and the look it amazing. I don't want to get a cheap aftermarker one either ya know...It would have to be the same color as my R/t (brilliant Black Pearl). Soooo....
-Is there anyone out there selling an SRT8 hood?
and is there anyone interested in my R/T hood?
and last would anyone be interested in a trade with some extra cash along with it? (prolly not lol)

Let me know, thanks.

John
610-842-6704 :knockout:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
join the club - srt-8 hoods are by far the best lookin hood to go on a charger
Theres a club, Ya i want a new hood too but I dont know if the srt hood IS the best looking, in fact I think some new styles just came out a couple months ago, so I'm giving it some more time before I committ......

Not that the SRT hood wouldnt look sweet...................

·
Registered
318 Posts
I too want an SRT8 Hood on my R/T. I again as stated before would offer a trade for my R/T hood. I can't seem to get any takers on my offers.

Guess I will eventually have to dig into the pocket book!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Me TOO. I am looking for an SRT8 hood as well to put on my R/T becasue I love that look.

·
Registered
179 Posts
same here need one asap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems that a lot of us are looking out for the hood. So far I found the best price close to where I live (Blue Bell, PA) for around $1,400. That's not too bad especially if I could sell the R/T hood on Ebay or what not. If anyone's interested I find out the exact price. In the mean while....

....Are there any dealers out there that could give all of us R/T guys a group discount????

·
Registered
181 Posts
i wish we could get a group buy going, but the price probably wouldnt go down too much. and we'd all have to get them painted.

i really want to find someone with a black srt that bought an aftermarket so i could buy their oem from them - no painting then

but im sure thats what everyone wants so...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Why not? If we can get a group buy then it would save us some more $$.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
It seems that a lot of us are looking out for the hood. So far I found the best price close to where I live (Blue Bell, PA) for around $1,400. That's not too bad especially if I could sell the R/T hood on Ebay or what not. If anyone's interested I find out the exact price. In the mean while....

....Are there any dealers out there that could give all of us R/T guys a group discount????
1400$....really.........DANG!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ohh, and I would be interested in a group buy depending on cost for hood and shipping..........................(no paint needed)

·
Registered
460 Posts

Is that $1400 for everything needed or just the Hood? You need all the following too to make it functional,
FROM THE MOPARSUPERCENTER WEBSITE:
Add the aggressive Charger SRT8 hood to your Charger. This kit includes the following items.
1. Factory unpainted SRT8 Hood
1. Factory Silencer underhood pad
1. Air Intake Bezel
1. Air Underhood Duct
12. Silencer Retainers
2. Windshield Spray Nozzles

And, I wouldn't expect alot for the stock R/T hood. I think they are going for $250 on here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just got this PM from Jeff @ moparsupercenter.com

"I have adjusted the price on our website to $1371.37 plus for this month. We will run this price till the end of the month. Please note the website does not price the freight according to your actual zip code on truck freight items. Some locations may be higher than what the website charges and we would then call the customer and let them know that there is extra freight on this item. Let me know what you think and if it sounds like a deal I will post a group buy or special sale on the forums. You can call me at 1-800-456-5337 to discuss this further.
Thanks,
Jeff"

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just got this PM from Jeff @ moparsupercenter.com

"I have adjusted the price on our website to $1371.37 plus for this month. We will run this price till the end of the month. Please note the website does not price the freight according to your actual zip code on truck freight items. Some locations may be higher than what the website charges and we would then call the customer and let them know that there is extra freight on this item. Let me know what you think and if it sounds like a deal I will post a group buy or special sale on the forums. You can call me at 1-800-456-5337 to discuss this further.
Thanks,
Jeff"

Thats a steal..my buddy just replaced his SRT8 Hood and it was $2800 (Canadian) plus paint. I know exchange is low right now so that would put it around $2600 US.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
You guys can go OEM if you want. I bought mine from CBD, Carbon By Design, and spent a total of $1040 for everything.

That includes buying the hood (Fiberglass), painting the hood, purchasing and installation of the OEM Hood Scoop, and some additional body work to prevent me from needing hood pins.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i am down for a group buy

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
me 20 lol i want tht hood so bad

·
Registered
934 Posts
what do you guys think of the ram air hood from trufiber? I think 402motoring has them for less than $700. I am really considering the 2" rise hood....as soon as I get paid. Anybody with details please speak up.

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I could make that hood out of my existing hood, but it would take forever. A grand for a hood sounds REAL steep, but im not in to performance mods...

Anybody offer an aftermarket hood that isnt 1000 bucks? geez

1 - 20 of 33 Posts