Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've heard of others having this problem before. The corner of the hood on the passenger side by the window as it was lifted was catching on the top part of the front fender. I bought the car new and have not been in an accident. So I took it in to the dealership today and I explain to them what is happening. I was guessing they had to adjust the lifters and it would be no big deal.

The service guys comes back out almost two hours later and asks me if I know that the hood has been replaced before. I said I bought it new and I have not done anything with the hood before. I then thought it might have something to do with the Air-Raid ram air intake that I have because the foam goes up against the inside of the hood, I did not tell him this though. Then I said to him, don't you know that SRT has to take off the old hood and then has to put on the SRT8 hood. He said "oh" and said let me go talk to the tech. I start laughing to myself that these guys are not even trained about this. He comes back out later and he says that this is one of the few SRT8's that they have serviced and didn't know that and admitted about them being improperly trained with the SRT's.

So when they bring it back out I wanted to take a look at it because it scuffed the inside of the paint. I go to pull the handle to pop the hood and it won't open. The tech comes back out and he has to put pressure on the hood while I pull the handle to get it to open. I'm thinking what is going on. He takes it back inside and gets it somewhat easier to open but then I see the hood is not 100% flush with the front end and is sticking up a little. It is barely noticeable and is still much harder to open then before I took it in.

Has anyone else has this problem with the hood?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well I dont have an srt and should not be in this thread but your avitar kicks A$$.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I think I've heard of others having this problem before. The corner of the hood on the passenger side by the window as it was lifted was catching on the top part of the front fender. I bought the car new and have not been in an accident. So I took it in to the dealership today and I explain to them what is happening. I was guessing they had to adjust the lifters and it would be no big deal.

The service guys comes back out almost two hours later and asks me if I know that the hood has been replaced before. I said I bought it new and I have not done anything with the hood before. I then thought it might have something to do with the Air-Raid ram air intake that I have because the foam goes up against the inside of the hood, I did not tell him this though. Then I said to him, don't you know that SRT has to take off the old hood and then has to put on the SRT8 hood. He said "oh" and said let me go talk to the tech. I start laughing to myself that these guys are not even trained about this. He comes back out later and he says that this is one of the few SRT8's that they have serviced and didn't know that and admitted about them being improperly trained with the SRT's.

So when they bring it back out I wanted to take a look at it because it scuffed the inside of the paint. I go to pull the handle to pop the hood and it won't open. The tech comes back out and he has to put pressure on the hood while I pull the handle to get it to open. I'm thinking what is going on. He takes it back inside and gets it somewhat easier to open but then I see the hood is not 100% flush with the front end and is sticking up a little. It is barely noticeable and is still much harder to open then before I took it in.

Has anyone else has this problem with the hood?
Which dealership didja take it to?

·
Registered
383 Posts
same problem right after I installed my AIR-Raid but I took the rubber hex shaped thingy on the core support and screwed it in to align the hood. The dealer probably tried to adjust the latch making it hard to open. If its lifted on the filter side try taking off the "L" shaped rubber piece that goes on top of the filter box. Open your hood squat down and look across for interference.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
SRT hood - no problems here

·
Registered
489 Posts
many of the hoods, trunks, doors and fenders are not aligned properly. Rather than let the dealership make it worse, I took it to a small local Bodyshop guy who aligned everything for $100....and no problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.