Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the SRT8 hood will be available in the aftermarket? The hood scoops I've seen are seriously lacking in style and look fake.

Bobby

·
Registered
743 Posts
RANoverDaisyNmyCharger said:
Does anyone know if the SRT8 hood will be available in the aftermarket? The hood scoops I've seen are seriously lacking in style and look fake.
I got my dealer to look up the part for the SRT8. The number was the same as all the other Charger hoods, so they haven't updated that list yet...

I'm sure, eventually, this hood will be available because repair work will have to be done when the first SRT8 is wrecked... (I hate even imagining that... ick!)

·
Registered
315 Posts
there is a designated part number for the SRT8 hood, we have it on order through our dealership, it has not yet become available

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now the real question is what's it going to cost? The R/T with options is all I can afford but I'd love to have the hood, front fascia and spoiler of the SRT-8.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
You can have mine if you can catch me:)

(Legal disclaimer:: This offer NOT valid with the use of blowers, N2O, spike strips, EMP devices and/or law enforcement intervention)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey RadarMagnet,

Have you had any issues with the modified air box?? I did it to my HEMI Ram and it kept throwing codes and I had to patch the hole to make it stop.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
GLHS837 said:
You can have mine if you can catch me:)

(Legal disclaimer:: This offer NOT valid with the use of blowers, N2O, spike strips, EMP devices and/or law enforcement intervention)

what if we find you parked somewhere? :whistle:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ah, but the key is "how functional". Does it match factory airflow? Look at where the chargers air inlet is. Your shaker would have to either perched way forward on the hood, or have your air make more 90 degree bends.

I'm not saying it won't work, or look cool, but don't expect any gains to be had from it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts