Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically the 2.7 charger...Im not looking really for the performance more so the looks. Would a SRT8 Exhaust fit on my car? Dont want to blow 700 dollars on a coffee can mod for my car because well it is what it is lol.:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
More specifically the 2.7 charger...Im not looking really for the performance more so the looks. Would a SRT8 Exhaust fit on my car? Dont want to blow 700 dollars on a coffee can mod for my car because well it is what it is lol.:biggrinjester:
The SRT-8 exhaust isn't designed for the 2.7 and if you put it on you will lose performance and may make it run terrible. I would suggest getting a dual exhaust made for your engine. Since it's really the look you are after, as long as it has 2 nice exhaust tips no one will know what kind it is.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I suppose you could make it work, but you are going from 2" exhaust to 2.75" with high flow mufflers so you're still gonna be making it louder and performance is going to suffer. You will actually lose performance by going with an exhaust that big. Do you have a lead on an SRT exhaust already? Because you could find an R/T exhaust much easier and it would make more sense. JMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes someone close by to me is selling an exhaust. But if it reduces performance well then no I cant do it. In all honestly since I added the rims it became a little sluggish. R/T exhaust would be perfect but their also hard to come by close in my area. Appreciate the information thank you very much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts