Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the confirmation that we will finally be able to get stock available to us on Wednesday! I know many sets have been sold so we will see what we can do for those who dont have them...

If we can get 5 sets ordered at the same time, I have worked it out with the manufacturer to offer a good Discount Coupon though our store. Just give me a call at the shop (877-724-6682 x 715) or shoot me a PM and I will help ya out..

Here is a link to our website

http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CH56&Category_Code=0507ChargerTransmissionAxles

Axles regularly sell on the site for $2399.00 Shipped.

Thanks
James

http://www.ProMotionTuning.Com

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I ran the heck out of these axles at the track on the 20th. They performed flawlessly. If you are running drag radials, these a must.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I ran the heck out of these axles at the track on the 20th. They performed flawlessly. If you are running drag radials, these a must.
i just installed a 3000 stall t.q and im only @ 406 rwhp. are u saying there's a chance i can snap the half shaft if i hook right with drag radials even with my lower hp #'s ? i got 13.2 e.t first time out and i plan on throwing on D.R to lower my numbers next time around. hopefully mid 12s with the fan mod and D.R

any input appreciated :)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Ive heard of 2 stock'ish SRT's breaking halfshafts. And both of these occurances happened on street tires and on the street, lol. I wouldnt be super worried, but it could happen. I know of alot of people running just fine with bolt ons and havent had a failure at the track.

99% of the failures have happened with DR's while at the track. If you hook hard, they eventually will fail. Probably (just a guess) not til you start adding 100+ HP though.

·
Registered
359 Posts
thanks bro i guess i'll play it by ear :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I was to go with ZEX 75-100 shot could I break the half shafts? I would not be running DR's. What is the average hp out of a 6.1 with 75-100 shot? 1000hp half shafts seem over build for me. Who sells the shafts? I have done a lot of reading and searching and my eyes hurt.
Any info would be great
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
If I was to go with ZEX 75-100 shot could I break the half shafts? I would not be running DR's. What is the average hp out of a 6.1 with 75-100 shot? 1000hp half shafts seem over build for me. Who sells the shafts? I have done a lot of reading and searching and my eyes hurt.
Any info would be great
Thanks
Adam
I would bet you'll be fine. I'm sure most of the breakages is at a stand still. You'll already be off and flying when you activate the nitrous and your axles wont take the same hit as they would taking off from a dead stop with d/r's.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any info would be great
Thanks
Adam

Here is a link to the axles we have for sale...

http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CH56&Category_Code=

The stock axles all depend on how you launch the car at the track

Thanks
James

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wow now we are talking about big bucks here, but it just seems really pricy. Not trying to talk bad about your sales they probably are selling at a good price but just seems really expensive to me (and yes I know speed cost $$$).

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow now we are talking about big bucks here, but it just seems really pricy. Not trying to talk bad about your sales they probably are selling at a good price but just seems really expensive to me (and yes I know speed cost $$$).
FYI: Manufacturer sets MSRP... Not the suppliers. However I do believe for those who are breaking axles or those who want the Insurance it will never happen, these are a great purchase.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
FYI: Manufacturer sets MSRP... Not the suppliers. However I do believe for those who are breaking axles or those who want the Insurance it will never happen, these are a great purchase.
Oh there is no doubt about them being stronger and having that piece of mind. All I was saying is they hit your pocket pretty hard I would love to have them but financially I can't right now:cry: .

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Any info would be great
Thanks
Adam

If you happen to hook you will break them,Even with no N20 and you happen to get good traction you could snap them.I have seen it happen with street tires on the street N/A..So the extra HP just adds to the equation

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
If you happen to hook you will break them,Even with no N20 and you happen to get good traction you could snap them.I have seen it happen with street tires on the street N/A..So the extra HP just adds to the equation
But definitely less likely, they should have gaven us a little bit stronger axels than that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I guess I'll wait and see. I got AAA good for a 100 miles :D
Broke now after buying ZEX for Dennyt4, need to make it through another year. Maybe the better half will let me use the Tax return for halfshafts.
I could only hope.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Any chance that these are really PPP halfshafts?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts