Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what should I know about these brakes? I think I remember reading something people going back to the dealers and getting new rotors?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The only problem I have with them is that they are the nastiest set of brakes I have ever seen. I had to switch to a different brand of pad because I got tired of my wheels being black as coal after about 200 miles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm sure there's other threads about this... but about two weeks ago I began to hear a grinding noise from my rear passenger wheel.... happened during movement, whether braking or not.... Took it to the dealership... When I picked it up they had installed slotted rotors on all four wheels with new pads.... no charge - under warranty.... So it was worth the hassle if you ask me....

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
If you already have slotted rotors on your car then either the TSB has been performed, or you purchased a vehicle that had this fix built in.
Mine (built 6/06) had big time brake dust issues until I got this TSB done, then no problems. The Brembos will create more dust than an average car, but then again, these are performance brakes.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'm sure there's other threads about this... but about two weeks ago I began to hear a grinding noise from my rear passenger wheel.... happened during movement, whether braking or not.... Took it to the dealership... When I picked it up they had installed slotted rotors on all four wheels with new pads.... no charge - under warranty.... So it was worth the hassle if you ask me....
I had the same exact problem two weeks ago, except I had my slotted rotors installed last year. So they are installing new rotors and ceramics pads NOT under warranty.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Brembo could make a lot of money if they sold brake pads that didn't generate so much dust. Maybe white brake dust? It's just ridiculous how much dust I get on my wheels.

Like a bee collecting pollen on its legs? :knockout: That's weird and sick...

I'm going to look into other brands of brake pads, as MR-SMITH suggested above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts