Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What 18" rims will fit an SRT? Is there a special type of rim? Trying to get some 18's and some winter tires for mine but my local tire shop says 18's won't fit. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have and Canadians ut 18" rims on there SRT8's and if so where did you purchase them from in Canada?

Thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm running 18's for winter but I did not (nor would I ever) purchase them up here. Ridiculous prices for rims and tires up here, which is consistent with pretty much everything else.

I had them shipped to the border (Sweetgrass, MT // Coutts, AB) and went and picked them up.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running 18's for winter but I did not (nor would I ever) purchase them up here. Ridiculous prices for rims and tires up here, which is consistent with pretty much everything else.

I had them shipped to the border (Sweetgrass, MT // Coutts, AB) and went and picked them up.
I was afraid of that. seems it's terrible prices up here. I do not live close to the border either :(

·
Registered
990 Posts
I was afraid of that. seems it's terrible prices up here. I do not live close to the border either :(
There are always ways to meet someone part way. Even paying fuel for someone else to pick things up and bring them half way to you would save 25% or more

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are always ways to meet someone part way. Even paying fuel for someone else to pick things up and bring them half way to you would save 25% or more
True Enough. If you don't mind me asking. What did you pay for your tires and rims? I'm trying to keep it under $1500 but looks like that might be me dreaming. LOL

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
990 Posts
Tires : $473 US delivered
Wheels : $629 US delivered

Just did a quick "shopping spree" on TireRack.com and the tires have gone up a little. If you get them to add the 433 MHz tire pressure sensors and mount and balance them you come up with the following (before shipping):

Tires: $92/ea == $368
Wheels: $142/ea == $568
Sensors: $43/ea == $172 (and mount and hunter road force balance the tires)
==================
Total: $1108 + $150 shipping to Sweetgrass, MT 59484

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tires : $473 US delivered
Wheels : $629 US delivered

Just did a quick "shopping spree" on TireRack.com and the tires have gone up a little. If you get them to add the 433 MHz tire pressure sensors and mount and balance them you come up with the following (before shipping):

Tires: $92/ea == $368
Wheels: $142/ea == $568
Sensors: $43/ea == $172 (and mount and hunter road force balance the tires)
==================
Total: $1108 + $150 shipping to Sweetgrass, MT 59484
Thats very reasonable. Well within my 1500 budget
How much was duty? Or do you not have to pay duty? I take it you have someplace in Sweetgrass that you had yours shipped too? or does tirerack have a dealer there?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is that an offer to help? :)

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, I suppose it is.
Ok I'll get in touch with ya soon if I need your help. :)

Also I signed up for Fuelly today. How do you get that in your signature?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ok I'll get in touch with ya soon if I need your help. :)

Also I signed up for Fuelly today. How do you get that in your signature?

Thanks

Don
Fuelly, has a link on the page to embed this little things into your signature.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts