Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mat be a stupid ? but why not make an SRT6 for the charger. I mean they have srt4 neons and calibers. They have srt8 chargers,magnums,. I think it would be cool. Would anyone buy an srt6 even though they have an srt8. I think the price would be better.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
This mat be a stupid ? but why not make an SRT6 for the charger. I mean they have srt4 neons and calibers. They have srt8 chargers,magnums,. I think it would be cool. Would anyone buy an srt6 even though they have an srt8. I think the price would be better.
nice idea...but the srt6s are reserved for the midsize cars...the crossfire, even maybe the avenger would be cool...the charger is a strong muscle car...and muscle cars aint coming with a v6...V8 and then some...now if u asked about an srt10 charger thats different :p

·
Registered
727 Posts
srt"4"= 4 cylinder
srt"6"= 6 cylinder
srt"8"= 8 cylinder
srt"10"= 10 cylinder

SRT"X"= X cylinder

This means an srt6 charger would have to have a v6(H.O 3.5). But a srt10 Idea would be nice.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
srt"4"= 4 cylinder
srt"6"= 6 cylinder
srt"8"= 8 cylinder
srt"10"= 10 cylinder

SRT"X"= X cylinder

This means an srt6 charger would have to have a v6(H.O 3.5). But a srt10 Idea would be nice.
I sure hope dodge doesn't make an srt10 charger, I can't afford to trade up again haha:knockout:

·
Registered
851 Posts
The SRT is limited to only one per model. With the SRT program Chysler wanted to use the SRT designation on the best performing car or truck in that model line. It would not make much sense to have a Charger SRT6 when you already have an SRT8 in that model line.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In terms of performance, the SRT-6 would effectively be an R/T w/ R&T, so it really wouldn't make sense. Obviously there could be more cosmetic difference and improvements to the suspension perhaps, but not worth it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
And rememeber that the V6 is already a "High Output" tune out of the factory... decent exhaust system, 180 degree thermostat, all aluminum etc... not bad for the mainstream engine choice ;)

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
For each modle there isn't more than 1 SRT. Also if there was a SRT6 charger it would kinda take away from the SRT8 charger.

·
Registered
281 Posts
if i can get them, i am going to put SRT6 emblems on my fenders where the 3.5 high output emblem is............i have the hood,the wing, and the 6....so why not?
Oh, and i dont care what anyone thinks about it unless it is positive thoughts. as this is my car, i will do what i want with it no matter what other models are in the line up.

OK.....flame away?????????

Ed

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
if i can get them, i am going to put SRT6 emblems on my fenders where the 3.5 high output emblem is............i have the hood,the wing, and the 6....so why not?
Oh, and i dont care what anyone thinks about it unless it is positive thoughts. as this is my car, i will do what i want with it no matter what other models are in the line up.

OK.....flame away?????????

Ed

Becuase its a lie. Not a flame, just an answer to the question of why not.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Screw it. I am just going to put SRT and Avenger badges on the back of my car. That way when people are scratching their heads and ask me about them, I will tell them that with the SRT package they get a bigger car and 15 more ponies...:laugh: :cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
If There is SRT6 people will not buy HEMI V8 The factory so smart The don't wont Loss , but I hope There is SRT6 . :)
Anyone agree whit that ?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Screw it. I am just going to put SRT and Avenger badges on the back of my car. That way when people are scratching their heads and ask me about them, I will tell them that with the SRT package they get a bigger car and 15 more ponies...:laugh: :cool:
Now that's funny sh!t right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
If There is SRT6 people will not buy HEMI V8 The factory so smart The don't wont Loss , but I hope There is SRT6 . :)
Anyone agree whit that ?
i think a better question is did anyone understand that...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone agree whit that ?
I think I know what they meant.

·
Registered
530 Posts
i think a better question is did anyone understand that...
looooooooooooool Sir I mean If there SRT6 People will not buy v8 because SRT6 Will have moor Power than V8 I thank That So I will buy SRT6 better Than V8.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
looooooooooooool Sir I mean If there SRT6 People will not buy v8 because SRT6 Will have moor Power than V8 I thank That So I will buy SRT6 better Than V8.
well,

1)they aren't going to make an srt6
2)if they did, it would probably be on par with an R/T
3)the srt8 would still be top dog so it would be pointless

·
Registered
530 Posts
well,

1)they aren't going to make an srt6
2)if they did, it would probably be on par with an R/T
3)the srt8 would still be top dog so it would be pointless

Yeas sir, I agree Your opinion .:)