Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was looking to put SRT wheels on my SXT. But I hear there is a rubbing issue when the car is put in reverse. Any info about this? A little help would be good. I can't why there would be a problem...:confused:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hey I was looking to put SRT wheels on my SXT. But I hear there is a rubbing issue when the car is put in reverse. Any info about this? A little help would be good. I can't why there would be a problem...:confused:
camber, caster, offset issues maybe...

maybe something loose in the suspension area...

just some guesses..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Offset is different, I believe its for the big a** Brembos on the SRTs. All you need to do is add a 3-5mm spacer on the fronts. I put spacers all the way around but I don't think its necessary. Some here have ground the control arm a bit to allow for clearance instead of using the spacers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you are considering getting SRT wheels, please, please get a replica set or at least make sure they don't have the SRT emblem on them! We don't need another SRT-6 episode LOL!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are considering getting SRT wheels, please, please get a replica set or at least make sure they don't have the SRT emblem on them! We don't need another SRT-6 episode LOL!
Yeah not the actual. I wouldn't rock SRT on my rims.....I found awsome OEM Spec Wheels....Plus I plan on changing them up a little!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If you turn your wheel ALL the way and reverse hard you get a tiny bit of rubbing but i never have a problem with it...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah not the actual. I wouldn't rock SRT on my rims.....I found awsome OEM Spec Wheels....Plus I plan on changing them up a little!!!:headbang:
if you are not going to get the oem srt rims then you don't have to worry about rubbing. Imo no replicas will ever come close to looking as good as the oem rims.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I was gonna get SRT rims before I realized how cheap I was. Had I gotten them, and had they had the SRT logo on them, I would have rocked the heck out of them. IT'S RIMS!! Sorry, I'm afraid I don't agree that it's like upbadging your car.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I was gonna get SRT rims before I realized how cheap I was. Had I gotten them, and had they had the SRT logo on them, I would have rocked the heck out of them. IT'S RIMS!! Sorry, I'm afraid I don't agree that it's like upbadging your car.
I'm afraid that I agree that I don't agree. The OEM SRT rims are still some of the best looking rims I have seen to date (opinion, of course).

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you turn your wheel ALL the way and reverse hard you get a tiny bit of rubbing but i never have a problem with it...

That is one fine looking automobile you got there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

She's is looking good....So there is no need for spacers if I do end up with OEM Wheels you say

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
no need for spacers dude. I have had my replicas for about 5 months now. "Minor" rubbing when the wheel is fully turned on reverse, but that only happens about 1% of the time during the week, and if that... Nothing to give you a headache about.

Spacers are not safe; they put too much pressure on the lugs, making them work 50% more than they should.

·
Registered
427 Posts
no need for spacers dude. I have had my replicas for about 5 months now. "Minor" rubbing when the wheel is fully turned on reverse, but that only happens about 1% of the time during the week, and if that... Nothing to give you a headache about.

Spacers are not safe; they put too much pressure on the lugs, making them work 50% more than they should.
we are talking about spacers on oem not replicas. the oem wheels will rub ,although slightly but it will rub and depending on the tires it will rub even more. As for spacers being unsafe that is correct when we are talking about cheaply made spacers but the ones from bones are high quality, I get no vibration at high speeds, no alignment issues,lug issues etc and im close to putting 10k mile on mine. the spacers are also necessary if you plan on getting wider tires. if one can deal with the slight rubbing then you don't need the spacers

·
Registered
260 Posts
They're rims, its not like your putting a SRT badge on your trunk and HEMI badges on the sides. IMO the polish on the OEM is beautiful.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts