Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked and answered...search didn't turn up any answers....
Has anyone successfully cleaned the hood insulator pad?
If so, how did you do it and what were the results?

Mine has a good bit of dust and crud on it, as well as some white stuff around one of the scoop vents. Kinda looks like either salt or mold, can't really tell for sure.

Is it worth trying to clean, or should I just bite the bullet and order a new one?

Also, has anyone painted theirs? Was thinking about painting it red with the "SRT" in either a silver/chrome paint or black. Either should look good against the red pad. I've decided to go with red accents on the interior and engine bay, as the car is black.

Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You can hose it off and let it dry and put it back.

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

·
Registered
679 Posts
I pulled mine off intending to paint it, then I loved the way the hood duct looks exposed and never put it back on

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I clean mine with a gentle spray of water and Formula 409. I lightly wet it and then spray with 409 and let soak in for 5-10 mins. Then I gently brush it with a soft bristle brush moving in one direction only and then repeat in the opposite direction and repeat. Never scrub! It will destroy the surface and make it fuzz up and look like crap! After that I rinse with a gentle spray a few times until I see no more soap foam coming off.

Before...

After...

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts