Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all this srt-track experience was awesome! It started at 8:45 am, there was a meeting with a class until 10P:00 explaining the physics of driving an how to handle the cars. After that we broke outside to do the 1/8 mile runs and slalom course. The first I drove was a srt-10 quad pickup. Wow this truck has some power. I ran a 7.54. the next car was the srt-6 crossfire…wow this car is incredible, I cannot believe how fast it is. I ran a 6.95. The last car was a srt-8 300. This was a beast best time I ran was 7.14. After that we had lunch.

After lunch we went outside the track to the autocross. The first car I ran was a stage 2 turbo neon. Wow this car impressed me, Now I know why GLHS doesn’t want to trade his in! the second car was the crossfire srt-6, Ok this was a little faster than the neon but it has ESP (Granny control). I still like the neon over the crossfire. The last one was the BEAST!!! A SRT-10 VIPER, this car is a monster, no ESP and you have to be careful, at one time I almost had the back end swing due to the monster torque! What a ride!!!

Afterwards we went out to the inside track and part of the oval. The first car I drove was the SRT-10 single cab Stick. This is a totally different animal from the quadcab! I found that the gears were hard to shift and once I missed 3rd gear and revved it to 6K RPM while doing 65 mph. Oh ****!! After that I jumped into the beast again Yup the SRT-10 VIPER. That gear box was much easier than the truck. I was doing about 85 mph on the banked oval and in the front stretch took her to 125MPH!!! WHAT A RUSH!!!! The last car was the magnum srt-8, this car drives very good and is perfect for drifting. They were telling me that its one of the best drifter cars out there. We were able to take three laps around the track in each car.

After ward the final drive was with the instructors….. These guys know how to drive! I jumped into a srt-8 300 and the guy was a rally cross driver. After the first turn the guy decides to go sideways into the turns. OH ****!!! This guy started drifting with me in the car, once you experience this you see how good these cars are. My last run was in a Viper srt-10. the instructor ran it balls to the walls in the track! What a great time.Unforetunatly one guy lost it in a turn and smaked a srt-10 truck into the wall, luckily he didnt get hurt!

For those srt-8 charger future owners. They asked me what car I had and I told them I ordered the srt-8 charger and every instructor told me that car will be a beast!! Some say they have driven it and they say its way better than the magnum and 300. They told me that if I liked the 300, then wait till I get my car!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Man! some dudes have all the luck!!! I look at a SRT 10 Dodge truck at the dealer the fuel sticker scared me to death so no inticing test drive.Truck is a bad ride and would love to set my a$$ behind the wheel of that Viper.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
:clap: :clap: Thanks for the review, I'm reserved for the 8th in Michelins Lauren SC test facility. Cant wait!!!!!!

Now imagine that -4 with another 50-80whp:)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GLHS837 said:
:clap: :clap: Thanks for the review, I'm reserved for the 8th in Michelins Lauren SC test facility. Cant wait!!!!!!

Now imagine that -4 with another 50-80whp:)

Bill, I was so impressed with that stage 2 Neon.... more HP will be insane!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Excellent info! Absolutely going now.

I had a chance to drive Vipers and Vette Z06s at the Justin Bell Driving Experience in West Palm a few years ago. 2 Days of intense instruction, track time and riding with the pros. Had professional drivers as instructors... learned a lot. Got my Vette up to 145 on the straightaway.

Too bad Justin Bell has shut down his driving school. Probably too expensive... $5K for 2 days. (vendor paid for our admission and hotel!)

Justin was a hell of a driver. I got to be the first rider in the Z06... scared the living sh!t out of me! He said "we'll take it easy" since it was his first drive of the day... bull sh!t !! He didn't "take it easy"... fastest I've ever gone! (And it wasn't a round track... Le Mans style)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
MF, there are still seats for the South Carolina event, AFAIK.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Excuse me LT, ....was this intended to calm our nerves?? HUH?? You stink at it!!! LOL!
JK budro, JK!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike :clap:

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I'm calm, Mike:) I'll be driving a Viper and an SRT-8 around a racetrack in two weeks:)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
GLHS837 said:
I'm calm, Mike:) I'll be driving a Viper and an SRT-8 around a racetrack in two weeks:)
You stink at it too Bill!! hehe Good for you man. PICS!!! WE WANT PICS!!! :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
GLHS837 said:
MF, there are still seats for the South Carolina event, AFAIK.
How do you sign up for this event? Is there a fee or is someone sponsoring the testing? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts