Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular RT suspension is wasted. (I'm just too rough on the girl;0)
Anybody willing to part with low mile SRT or R/T with R/T perf. springs and shocks (ie, the whole swap out)...

I know some of the "got coilover" guys might have them or lots of the parts... In any event, please chime in or PM if you have stuff.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a set too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure I'm going to need replacement shocks/springs... (I'd LIKE them but right now I gotta fix for as little $$ as possible)

After the dealer replaced my steering rack for $1000 and told me a shock was leaking too... I took the car to some old car guys and in 5 minutes they found the Tension strut bushing on both sides where cracked and loose.

Part 3 in this pic...

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, I did something I should have done to begin with... Unhook a sway bar link and tie it up for test drive...
NO CLUNKING!!!

So, my shocks are soft but I think the sway bar links(part #17 above) are what is making all the racket. I can find them for $84 a piece but I was hoping I could get replacement bushings for them instead of replacing the whole metal link.

Still looking.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Autozone carries the AWD version, the 2wd they dont, stupid ball joint design on them, like they did with the 2nd Gen Rams.

Rock Auto has Dana/Spicers for $48.79 each or Moogs for $46.79 each.

on a separate note, they have SRT rims for $389, just not sure if thats an OEM or aftermarket cast.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the sway bar links(part #17 above) are what is making all the racket. I can find them for $84 a piece but I was hoping I could get replacement bushings for them instead of replacing the whole metal link.
Still looking.

Called the local dealer and the sway links are $23. I don't know what is going on with the oneline OEM catalogs but ALL of them have retail at $111?!!?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Moog is a Federal Mogul brand, which is a good brand for suspension pieces.

i deal alot in 4wd suspension stuff, alot of guys (including my sell) would always choose a Spicer part over anything else. i dont remember if they were listed as "Professional Grade" or "Red Grade", but pick the Pro-Grade version.

Rock Auto is awesome, i need a hydraulic hose for the clutch on my K5 Blazer, Advanced Auto was the only store that carried it, but wanted like $75, i had gotten thru RA for $30, and it was the same Raybestos part.

Do you still need those pictures i promised you of my shocks earlier in the week?

and on the dealer wanting $23, maybe that was for the AWD links which has a bushing at bolt ends, you now they arent always the brightest.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Well, I did something I should have done to begin with... Unhook a sway bar link and tie it up for test drive...
NO CLUNKING!!!

So, my shocks are soft but I think the sway bar links(part #17 above) are what is making all the racket. I can find them for $84 a piece but I was hoping I could get replacement bushings for them instead of replacing the whole metal link.

Still looking.
Any chance the noise might have been from the sway bar bushings themselves? I have this annoying clunking sound from my front end that only seems to happen on small imperfections and not large ones. As I put on my snow tires this afternoon, I noticed how sloppy the bushings looked... doesn't look normal, unless it's designed to 'flare' this way if the brackets are on tight enough.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts