Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best mod on my '07 SRT was to get Speed Factory to install a 3:55 ring and pinion package, but it also required I have a Predator to adjust the computer.

Again with my '12 SRT, I'm disappointed with the gearing and feel it's built for the autobaun, not the street.

In looking at the Mopar '11 kit for the RT I noticed it has the same 226mm rear end as the SRT, and the key performance part of the kit is the 3:91 ring and pinion. It also lists a high speed engine controller as part of the kit.

Aren't these the 2 key ingredients I would need? Is there just no way to make this happen for a mod to a '11 / '12 SRT ?

The only performance item Mopar has for the '11-'12 Charger is the CAI. They use to offer many more products.

Maybe with all the money savings of not being in NASCAR any more they can invest in their after market products for their customers! :)

·
Registered
725 Posts
You can put in the 3.91 gears, it's not a problem programming the TCM, it's the PCM that can't be touched yet. The high speed engine controller in the r&t and Mopar 11's just raises the top speed to about 145 mph. SRT's are not limited electronically but are limited by drag at about 175 mph.

·
Registered
831 Posts
You can put in the 3.91 gears, it's not a problem programming the TCM, it's the PCM that can't be touched yet. The high speed engine controller in the r&t and Mopar 11's just raises the top speed to about 145 mph. SRT's are not limited electronically but are limited by drag at about 175 mph.
That is way out of my knowledge area but I thought you could buy another PCM for 300$ or something like that. I could be wrong though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts