Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the painted SRT grill for $200 and put it in myself.
It's a bit of a pain to do, but it only took about 1hr (and some cursing!)

But...

From this

to this (sorry about the lighting, the sun changed and I didn't correct for it)

...me likes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome. I am lusting over the same color and want the same grill and insert when I get my car.

Later

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paint matched perfectly, but the only issue with the SRT grill is it comes in two colors Black and Red. (I guess the only two colors the SRT8 comes in)

They do have the non-honeycomb grill with all colors available for the crosshair.

scroll down a bit to find them...

leeparts.com exterior accessories

·
Registered
143 Posts
JonnyC, got a good picture of that? If I ever do anything to my RT I want to put the SRT grill on there. I'd love to see what yours looks like up close.

·
Registered
143 Posts
BTW Radarmagnet, that is wicked hot. Did you go the route of taking the entire front end off or using a custom screw driver and just remove the grill?

·
Registered
290 Posts
That's Defintely The Route I'm Taking....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Awesome now where did you get that grill. I got to have one. I so wanted an SRT-8 but i would have to work for NASA to pay off that insurance. One of the downsides of being an 18 year old male.

06 Black R/T

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I did mine yesterday. I took the painted route. Will have my honeycomb insert on Friday, then I will take pic's (looks exactly like above). But already looks hot. Got the grill out in 30 minutes (after finding and buying the right phillips tool to fit). Sanded the chrome, sprayed with white primer first... then Inferno.. then clearcoat. All that needs to be done now is a good buffing. For anyone that is willing to paint their own.... it takes at least THREE 5oz cans of spray to get the Inferno deep enuf to match the car. One can of clearcoat. Total cost of project... 40 bucks w/tool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's awesome, but I don't think I could ever pulling off painting it myself without it looking like one of the airplane models I did back in middle school.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks awesome now all you nees is the SRT sign and the srt-8 hood! Great job.

·
Registered
549 Posts
aflores496 said:
If I had an R/T I wouldn't have the stones to put an SRT-8 badge on there without the power to match....I rebadged a car once and will never make that mistake again....heck I caught crap for badging a car something that didn't even exist as a trim level.

Later

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I'm with you. I have no desire to badge the car an SRT8, But, I do love that scoop........

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aflores496 said:
I want the hood (or maybe RKsport's) but I wont put SRT badges on there.

As blue_streak noted, I'd like to get the R/T badges and "replace" the orange with inferno.

BTW, nCharge, where'd you get the paint?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
RadarmagneT said:
BTW, nCharge, where'd you get the paint?
I ordered the paint from my dealer.... part# for Inferno - 5013698AA

Aprox 9.and change per 5oz can (spray).

I wouldn't use the SRT badge (that's ricer).... but I am thinking of using the "chrome" R/T badge so it matches the rear badge. Hope to have pics of the finished project by tomorrow night.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts