Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know, or have the slightest idea what eventually happens to the cars that are used for the "SRT Experience" activities? I'm noticing a lot more "MSO title" cars showing up, including mine for great prices, and I'm wondering (seriously hoping not) if these cars are SRT Exp. being auctioned off within Chrysler after a certain amount of use. Every time I've looked into an MSO-car, it has anywhere from 4-9K miles on it, and an MSO title, and was auctioned off within Chrysler to dealers who don't seem to know anything about their history.
Mine was "supposedly" used by a brass-hat, woman executive within Chrysler for it's 9400 miles before I bought it. But that's all I'm told.
There are two very cheap MSO '07 SRTs (one's a 300, loaded less DVD. While the other's a Magnum, only missing group II option and DVD) on Ebay right now. Both cars have under 10K miles on them, and are prices under $30K. Are these really "exec" cars, or something else; something like abused track cars? Is there anyway to find out?
I know for a fact, the hood on my car's been removed and re-installed, and looking underneath, it appears the inside of the wheels have been curbed, while the front bumper has a good amount of scrapes from riding up on store-front curbs. Also, the paint has all been buffed out, evident by the excessive "swirl marks" seen at night, under florescent lighting. The car drives, great and every panel is original, but I'm really wondering about the history. Considering I got the car for $30K, I didn't expect perfection, but I want to know if I have a car that's been heavily beatin' for 9K+ miles.

I'm also going to post this on some other forums, so please disregard if it seems redundant to you. Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
when my mom was looking at a new MB she asked that question at their track experience day. She was told that they crush the cars because they dont want to sell something that is that abused. I don't know if thats true or not or what Dodge does but its just something i heard.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
They are not going to just crush 30k cars.....let the dealer rebuild it under warranty

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys...
Well, if the car's are full production cars with VIN#s and all, I would assume they make it to the public through dealers and such. But, along with a major reduction in price, I would hope that the buyer would be made aware of what they were getting (abused track vehicle), and not decieved into thinking they were buying a "company" car some exec was driving.. Is there a way to get the internal history of one of these cars?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
when my mom was looking at a new MB she asked that question at their track experience day. She was told that they crush the cars because they dont want to sell something that is that abused. I don't know if thats true or not or what Dodge does but its just something i heard.

That would be a shock if true. They could easily refurbish some of the components and sell it as it. Believe me, someone would grab it if they got a good deal on it.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They are not going to just crush 30k cars.....let the dealer rebuild it under warranty
They certainly do. I've worked on many car commercials where we
take parts off and put back on for filming. I've asked all the company
reps what happens to the cars when we're done and they all have told
me that they crush all the cars after filming, some one even has to go
and supervise so that parts won't be taken off, like rims etc. It's not
worth the liability to them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i cant speak about your area but our chrysler reps both driver srt8s. one drives a black 300 and the other a red charger. im gonna have to convince one of them to get an '08 superbee......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts