Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to MIS on Saturday for the SRT experience. Had a blast. We got up to speed of around 125mph. Skills course was by far the only tough part of the day, driving the caliber, small car with a big guy equals hitting those stupid little cones. I was wondering if anyone who has attended the class has received their DVD of them driving the cars. For those who don't know, the instructor said they have a camera on you, one on the interment cluster and one facing out the car. They play all angles at the same time, with audio, so you can see everything going on. Should be pretty cool to see facial expressions when we were on the road coarse, taking some of those turns was pretty intense. I would recommend the SRT experience to anyone who has not taking the class, especially since it's in the price of our car.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Cool...thanks for the tips. The camera thing sounds neat. I understand no more Viper?

They cancelled my 1st opportunity to go, now another is coming up in October!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Went to MIS on Saturday for the SRT experience. Had a blast. We got up to speed of around 125mph. Skills course was by far the only tough part of the day, driving the caliber, small car with a big guy equals hitting those stupid little cones. I was wondering if anyone who has attended the class has received their DVD of them driving the cars. For those who don't know, the instructor said they have a camera on you, one on the interment cluster and one facing out the car. They play all angles at the same time, with audio, so you can see everything going on. Should be pretty cool to see facial expressions when we were on the road coarse, taking some of those turns was pretty intense. I would recommend the SRT experience to anyone who has not taking the class, especially since it's in the price of our car.
yes--I attended last june at chicagoland speedway--what a riot!

about a month later--received the dvd in the mail---it was great. View of the driver and the track on the same screen.

wherebouts in macomb are you--I have a plum crazy as well and am out in clarkston

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Glad to hear it was a great time, we only got up to 100 mph when I did the road course in Vegas last fall. The DVD is pretty cool, though I wouldn't have paid for it (if you are using a VIN that came with a car, it is included. If you bought an SRT experience from Chrysler, it is extra $$ for the DVD). I just wish that more cars had the camera setups, I think I only got 3 or 4 videos on mine. But it is a hoot to see yourself drive, especially in the Caliber cones.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes--I attended last june at chicagoland speedway--what a riot!

about a month later--received the dvd in the mail---it was great. View of the driver and the track on the same screen.

wherebouts in macomb are you--I have a plum crazy as well and am out in clarkston
23 mile and Card, Card is just west of North Avenue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Did mine about a month ago @ Englishtown, NJ, but no DVD just yet; it definately was a blast, and I'll be doing it again; I was on Team Hammer, and he said that last year someone drove the Viper into a wall (at Englishtown) and caused $40K worth of damage, so there have no more Vipers since then; oh well, it was still fun.......

·
Registered
853 Posts
The DVD is a cool memento of the SRT Track Experience. It will arrive in about 4 weeks. It will have your name on the label. It starts with the same Richard Petty driving clip that you saw at the start of the day in the breakfast tent. The DVD segments have a split screen- the windshield view and you. Also, at the bottom left, it will have your speed and tach readings during each event.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was at the one on Friday in the rain. That is an all new experience. I had a 300 sideways on the straightaway at 80mph in the rain. WOHOO! Hope that made the dvd. Vipers were there but they wouldn't bring them out in the rain. It was a riot. Took second place in the drag racing and first place in the autocross.

I'll be back.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
Did mine at MIS in 2007, and was able to drive the oval at 120. That was cool - driving the banked oval at that speed does give you some perspective on what nascar must be like.
Also was able to drive the Viper - with the instructor sitting in the passenger seat barking in my ear all the time. Whatever. That Viper got its tail out REAL freaking easy!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just looked up times for the experience and unfortunately non are in Michigan as of right now. I would have done the one earlier but i didn't have my SRT8 yet =/. I will probably have to wait until spring..... i surely hope this whole FIAT thing doesn't cancel it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You missed a great time in the rain. Fiat would be nuts to cancell the program. All weeks were booked right from the start and they had to add 2 more wheck were also booked solid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts