Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been toying around with the idea of different wheels since i bought the car, but between my really picky taste and what i hear about fitment issues, i'm not sure what i wanna do. i know what will probably end up happening is that i'll get a set of 20's with a nice all season touring tire, and take the stock 18's and rip off the continentals and replace them with a nice set of snow tires.

so now for my question: i've read somewhere that the stock srt 20's have fitment issues on the awd systems, and also that the 20x9's cause issues with the new part time awd system (09-up). is there any truth to eithe of these statements, cause what i'd like to do is grab a set of 4 chrome SRT Challenger wheels from factory reproductions and call it a day.

i have a feeling i'll be hearing from awd gabe on this one...lol...

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
so i've been toying around with the idea of different wheels since i bought the car, but between my really picky taste and what i hear about fitment issues, i'm not sure what i wanna do. i know what will probably end up happening is that i'll get a set of 20's with a nice all season touring tire, and take the stock 18's and rip off the continentals and replace them with a nice set of snow tires.

so now for my question: i've read somewhere that the stock srt 20's have fitment issues on the awd systems, and also that the 20x9's cause issues with the new part time awd system (09-up). is there any truth to eithe of these statements, cause what i'd like to do is grab a set of 4 chrome SRT Challenger wheels from factory reproductions and call it a day.

i have a feeling i'll be hearing from awd gabe on this one...lol...
Hehe .... Hi there :)

The SRT Challenger replicas are only being made right now in offsets to fit the RWD cars .... the AWD models use a higher offset (stock is 55mm VS the RWD's 18-25)

According to the wheel offset calculator below, they'd stick out 54mm more than the stock AWD wheels ... that's over 2" :eek: :

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Attachments

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Yes, they'll physically fit but they'll stick out 2" ..... that's a lot and will make the fender possibly touch the tire when coming down while hitting bumps or whatever ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts