Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is time to replace my brake pads. I know I want one of the dustless ones, but I din't want to sacrifice stopping power. Thee are so many brands out there now, I don't know which one to go with. For those who have swapped out the originals, what did you go with? Are you happy with them? And where/how much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just did mine. I went with EBC red stuff and have no problems. Got mine from SouthernHotRod, awesome company to work with. No dust so far and they grab just as good as the stock pads. Some guys do a lot of road course racing and have better opinions on several different pads.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Posi Quiets.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dustless Performance Brake Pads

Bringing this back to the top. Hard to believe there are only 2 brands out there. What about it folks? This is the worst brake dust problem I have ever had on any vehicle. One day of driving turns inside of wheels black. It is a nasty, greasy brake dust. Are these MOPAR stock pads? My God, they suck. Need something that will provide great stopping power but minimal dust. I use PBR/Axxis on my German cars, but don't see a set for the Charger.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I am using the posi quiets and have been very happy. At first I noticed the decrease in stopping power but now I am use to it and its plenty. I really like not having to clean the brake dust of the wheels and the side of my car. It looked bad on my yellow paint.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Same here. The Centric Posi Quiets are virtually dust free after about a month or so of driving. But, they do lack in stopping power like the factory Brembo pads. Unless you do a lot of road course racing, like Watkins Glen or something,
the need for racing brakes is not of a great concern. Really, for daily driving the
Centrics are just fine. And they a super clean. Black wheels are a thing of the past with me.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
The stock pads are Brembo pads...I replaced mine with posi-quiet pads, no brake dust, but they don't have the stopping power of the Brembo pads...that's the choice, you want better stopping or less brake dust? When I'm done with this set of posi-quiet pads, I'm going back to Brembo pads.
Me too. The Posi-Quiets have been sweet but have a fraction of the stopping power the stocks Brembo's have and I miss that. My SRT is not a daily driver so I can live with the Brembo's again when the time comes...............

·
Registered
522 Posts
where's the best place to buy the posi-quiets? i replaced the rears with wagners, and noticed the decrease in hard braking. i'm gonna go with the posi's for the front. the rears went out at 14,500mi and the fronts are almost toast at 17,000. messed up thing is, i'm real easy on the brakes 95% of the time.

·
Registered
522 Posts
thanks man, i may just buy the set for that price.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Don't buy the Posi Quiets if you want anything close to stock braking ability. I bought them and took them off after about 5k miles. I hear the EBC Red Stuff's are a good compromise in braking and dust!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Don't buy the Posi Quiets if you want anything close to stock braking ability. I bought them and took them off after about 5k miles. I hear the EBC Red Stuff's are a good compromise in braking and dust!
You will understand what Bud is talkin about in your first rain storm or heavy breaking. I went back to the Brembo's as well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have been happy with EBC Reds. Less dust, good performance. They did make a lot of noise at first, but went away after break in and bedding.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you get them, let us know what you think. Good to know what's available.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just upgraded to brembos recently. I didn't want the dust on my rims, but was concerned about braking power with posi-quiets. I went with satisfied GS6 carbon ceramic pads from GSM and added stop tech stainless brake cables. Very happy with the combo, but don't have the experience with stock pads to compare.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I just upgraded to brembos recently. I didn't want the dust on my rims, but was concerned about braking power with posi-quiets. I went with satisfied GS6 carbon ceramic pads from GSM and added stop tech stainless brake cables. Very happy with the combo, but don't have the experience with stock pads to compare.
Do you get much brake dust at all?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've only had the new brakes for a month so far. There is more brake dust than my old RT brakes, but I don't think it is as bad as some people complain about their stock brembo pads. It's hard for me as I don't have the comparison. I am seeing less with each wheel clean.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I love the Stop-Tech stainless brake lines. Have them on my Benz and Porsche. Didn't know they were available for SRT. Where did you get them?

·
Registered
810 Posts
The stock pads are Brembo pads...I replaced mine with posi-quiet pads, no brake dust, but they don't have the stopping power of the Brembo pads...that's the choice, you want better stopping or less brake dust? When I'm done with this set of posi-quiet pads, I'm going back to Brembo pads.
I found that the posi-quiets felt really soft when I first put them on... They definitely don't grab like the brembos initially, but I've found that when I REALLY need to dive on the brakes, they're there -- just have to push the pedal a little harder ... I dunno what I'll do when these wear out ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts