Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm getting an SRT, and have a question about the suspension. I have searched and not found exactly what I'm looking for.

I will be using my Charger for a daily driver, but want to do some track events like autocross or road racing. What suspension upgrades would be the best? I am thinking sway bars, and the Mopar coil over kit to lower it just a little, and firm up the ride. I'm not looking to lower it just for looks, I want it to handle as well as possible for turns.

Any suggestions or feedback from any of you that have driven yours on a road racing track?

Thanks!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Take it to a road course after breaking it in and see what you think of the stock setup before you spend any $$. I'm pretty impressed with it... the car is very predictable (on RSAs or F1s) and does well at the track for a 4300 lb car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
coilovers! take your pick I run the KWv2s and love them! It rides better then stock. I know some have been looking into the tein setup since they have the EDFC which allows you to control the settings for dampening and rebound from within the car.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't know if they are offering anything for a charger but in the Import scene "Tein" has proven its self very well, there best kit being a self adjustable motorized suspension which has three setting that you can control from inside the car I don't remember what they called them but I think it was something like street, drag, and track. Anyways I believe the complete kit ran about 1,500-2,000?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Take it to a road course after breaking it in and see what you think of the stock setup before you spend any $$. I'm pretty impressed with it... the car is very predictable (on RSAs or F1s) and does well at the track for a 4300 lb car.
x2

Plus afterwards you have a good baseline to get a good feel for what every mod adds or subtracts from that baseline to know if it's worth keeping or not.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I would say coilovers for sure..the stock suspension is great but you dont know what you are missing until you have coilovers. All in all the SRT8 stcok suspension is great, but like anything it can be improved. KW V1, Eibach Pro Street S and Mopar Coilovers are all basically the same and all made by KW. They are height adjustable only. I am running the Eibach Coilovers. If you are really serious and also want the damper adjustability then step up to the KW v2's. In addittion I would also suggest Hotchkis Sways and a DC Sports Strut Tower Brace to complete the setup if you are going all out. You can find it all here:
http://bmc.name/store/catalog/Suspension_Chassis-42-1.html

Here is some info from the install of my coilovers
http://www.bmcperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
I'm running KW v2 Coilovers and Eibach sways. Love the adjustability and dampening of the v2's, and the sways were a marked improvement.

In my opinion, that's the best handling setup.

Mr Morgan

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
the stock shocks are crap and don't even think about going anywhere on RS-As

SRT8U has a good plan

·
Registered
939 Posts
the stock shocks are crap
I think that statement's overly harsh... it makes it sound like you shouldn't even track the car stock. You can thoroughly enjoy the car with the stock suspension: it is relatively neutral and pretty predictable. Always room for improvement, certainly, and I'm sure not all would be satisfied with the stock setup. But I'd encourage people to track the car once, stock, before dropping a bunch of cash on suspension mods. If you're made of money, by all means go adjustable right away.

As MCaesar says, though, RSAs are not appropriate on the track.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I agree with rw99. I couldn't wait to run the KWv2and Hotchkiss setup on my RT. That car needed it. I don't feel that same need with the SRT8's "crappy suspension".

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey everybody,
I appreciate your feedback. One reason I'm going to probably do a lot of this work as soon as I get the car is there will be a couple months overlap before I get rid of my current ride. So I want to get as much done as possible before it becomes my daily driver.

Sounds like it will be coilovers and a sway bar kit.

Thanks again for your feedback.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts