Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 R/T. Would it be possible to change my steering wheel out to an SRT-8's, all buttons must be functional.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It's possible, the buttons are independent of the steering wheel. However, it won't be cheap since SRT wheels from your gen are hard to find used so you'd pay full dealer price for a new one.

Also, I wouldn't put a wheel that has SRT stamped in it on an R/T. It's your car and you can do what you want, but why have something that says SRT on a car that isn't one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's possible, the buttons are independent of the steering wheel. However, it won't be cheap since SRT wheels from your gen are hard to find used so you'd pay full dealer price for a new one.

Also, I wouldn't put a wheel that has SRT stamped in it on an R/T. It's your car and you can do what you want, but why have something that says SRT on a car that isn't one?
It has nothing to do with the fact that it says SRT, I debadged my car so people don't know what I have. I just prefer the overall look and feel of the SRT's wheel opposed to the lower model's. Though you're right, odds are I wouldn't find a used one, and I'd hate to see the new price through the dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've see SRT Style steering wheels for sale that do not say SRT on the bottom of them. I think it was Speedlogix that was selling it. Or maybe ebay. It's been a long time since I've seen them.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I've see SRT Style steering wheels for sale that do not say SRT on the bottom of them. I think it was Speedlogix that was selling it. Or maybe ebay. It's been a long time since I've seen them.
That's helpful, do you have a link?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts