Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will be the MSRP price for the srt-8 charger? When will be able to start ordering them? I heard by mid july and the dealer told me they thought around August. I want to order mine now and my dealer told me that they can get my deposit of $1000 and will order it when its ready. they told me they will charge me MSRP. Should I do it or should I wait until the price is out and you can order them? Im afraid to say yes then the MSRP comes out to be like the chrysler srt-8 ( alittle too much for me) I also heard that they will be 1000 less than the magnum. What is the magnum MSRP?

thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ferrero Chrysler Dodge Jeep where I ordered my Daytona here in CO. told me that the base model Magnum SRT-8 with no options, only what comes standard is $38,000 MSRP.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was a production SRT on display at Carlisle last week...seem like base price was 36,700 or something like that with additional options prices the same as the 300.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, that sounds cheap for that kind of a car, because a Daytona with some good options is around $35,000 MSRP. I just have a hard time to believe that an SRT-8 is less than $2,000 more?

·
Registered
79 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
Wow, that sounds cheap for that kind of a car, because a Daytona with some good options is around $35,000 MSRP. I just have a hard time to believe that an SRT-8 is less than $2,000 more?

add some options and the srt is 40K +

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Did it have a window sticker? If so, I'll hound every person I know was there to see if they got a pic of it:) We were thinking that it would follow the formula of a charger equipped the same as the Mag would be 1K less. This would make it 2K less.

I reallly want it to be 36, but am still prepared for 37.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if it 38000 plus 2200 gas guzzler and another 2500 in options it should be 43K. the chrysler srt-8 300 base is 43K

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, the SRT magnum is 38, and usually, the Charger is 1K less than the Magnum. That's our hope:)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried to get a pic of the window sticker but all I could get was glare due to bright sunlight on the glass. Gas guzzler was 2k, keep in mind that alot of stuff optional on the R/T is standard in the SRT. Navigation and sunroof are close to 3k alone...3k of options I can do without IMO.

·
Banned
35 Posts
amcguru said:
There was a production SRT on display at Carlisle last week...seem like base price was 36,700 or something like that with additional options prices the same as the 300.

good looking magnum sedan indeed

·
Registered
14 Posts
Why not buy a new Mustang GT if you need a new V8 RWD performance car? You'll save money, look cooler, and get more head turns and thumbs up without a doubt.

Oh, I know why.... the new two door Mustang GT is sold out everywhere as people have gobbled them up at the dealerships!

Too bad for Chrysler's "Two doors don't sell well argument". I guess they mean "two doors dont sell well [in the family sedan market]". So we're stuck with a four door rear wheel drive intrepid replacement with some flashy names.

Ohh... ahh... not.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Actually FASTBACKJON, There are many of us that don't want the 2 door because we need a 4 door, therefor the Charger is a perfect car for us, and it sure is a pest for you Mustang guys seeing it right on your bumper with 5 people in the car sitting in comfort down the drag strip. Then again, if I liked rice, I could buy an STi, and spank your V8, 2door mustang. Dont get me wrong, the stang is a nice car, but lets compare apples to apples.

·
Registered
630 Posts
RT-DAYTONA-RT said:
Actually FASTBACKJON, There are many of us that don't want the 2 door because we need a 4 door, therefor the Charger is a perfect car for us, and it sure is a pest for you Mustang guys seeing it right on your bumper with 5 people in the car sitting in comfort down the drag strip. Then again, if I liked rice, I could buy an STi, and spank your V8, 2door mustang. Dont get me wrong, the stang is a nice car, but lets compare apples to apples.
FYI, RT-D-RT, you need to read ALL of the post before springing into soapbox mode. FastbackJohn never claimed to own a Mustang. He does however indicate he owns 66, 67 and 68 Chargers. The '66 and '67 were true to the words "fastback" and I assume the reasoning behind his ID.

I do agree however, that comparing the Mustang to the new Charger is an apples and oranges comparison. The Mustang is a quick 2+2, 2 door coupe, that a lot of people are going to like. The Charger is a performance sedan that is larger in dimensions, and is designed to fit the needs of a different demographics. Would I buy a Mustang? No, but only because I have a fat ass and it just doesn't feel comfortable in a Mustang (I know, I have driven one). The new Charger fits my needs on so many different levels that it is the one I have chosen to buy.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
FastbackJon said:
Why not buy a new Mustang GT if you need a new V8 RWD performance car? You'll save money, look cooler, and get more head turns and thumbs up without a doubt.

Oh, I know why.... the new two door Mustang GT is sold out everywhere as people have gobbled them up at the dealerships!

Too bad for Chrysler's "Two doors don't sell well argument". I guess they mean "two doors dont sell well [in the family sedan market]". So we're stuck with a four door rear wheel drive intrepid replacement with some flashy names.

Ohh... ahh... not.

Perhaps for a of reasons.

1) With two kids, I really want 4 doors.
2) With the amount of miles I pile on on road trips (55K in 2.3 years in the SRT-4), it needs to be a hair more comfortable/larger than the current ride.
3) It needs to at least as fast as my Stage 3 SRT-4, I can't go to something slower.
4) I don't buy my cars to "look cool" as evidenced by at least a couple in my stable. Nobody would call my SRT-4 cool, nor the 1987 GLHS:)

And it can't cost more than say 50K, although 40ish is really as far as I want to go. Any competitors?

Now, about those sales numbers. Two door Mustangs sell. Not much else. Of the F-bodies would still be around. Any other 2 door sales sucesses to trumpet? None come to my mind.

Oh, and lastly, I trust SRT to build me a car that just plain rocks. No more or less.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
And it can't cost more than say 50K, although 40ish is really as far as I want to go. Any competitors? Quote from GLHS:

The Vette? NOPE! I've owned 3 Vettes in my driving history and know a little something about them. A base Vette is 44K, that's for a coupe, but you won't find a "base" Vette sitting on a dealer lot. That's base if you order from Chevy. All of the dealers add at least 5K to the sticker. Add DP, tax blah blah blah, and your at 52 large. There are 7 USED Vette's (05) in my area with 12k plus miles on the clock, and they still want 49k. Why? Because you can't find new ones around here unless you want a convertible. They're 65K. I used the Vette as an example because it's the only car left to compare since GM killed the F bodies. So as GLHS stated, only DCX's other SRT8's compare.

Regards to ALL!!!! Mike :happy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts