Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from ordering my Charger D/T this morning. I ordered my with the dealer and signed the papers. I asked if they were now excepting orders for the SRT-8. The manager said that i could change my order if I wished to a SRT-8. The factories will start accepting them at 9:01AM Tuesday morning.
Only certain dealerships have been allocation slots which they have three.
As much as I wanted to switch, the price was a little beyond my range.
In reference to discounts, I got $1000. under invoice plus $500. from dodge. signed the contract and now waiting ....thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ugghhh.... I want to order so bad

Just a tad shy for a decent downpayment

·
Registered
87 Posts
Um, just a bit confused. I thought from everything that I've read that the BASE price MSRP for the SRT8 Chargers started at 35,000? Including the destination charger. And then we expected a dealer markup of of $3000 to $5000 dollars and then options which would make it around $43000 to $45000 from a dealer just depending on what options you go with. So $40000 is now the starting option for even those ordered directly from the order line? Maybe I'm just confused.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No, Fully didnt fully explain what he meant well, had me confused for a moment. He means invoice price fully loaded with all three option packs and the gas guzzler tax is 40K.

Base is indeed 35,995 including destination. Add 2K right off the bat for the gas guzzler tax. So real base price is about 37,995. Ignore dealer markup, you dont have to pay it if you use your head and work it a little.

If you order a absolute base model SRT-8, in silver (since red adds $225:)) it should sticker at $37,995 or so.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Ignore any invoice pricing you see, only way to see that in an SRT is going to be to marry the dealers daughter or become his boytoy:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Okay, gotcha. Let's just hope I'm good enough to get around dealer markup. Is taking the printout for from cars.com to the dealer and showing them 38,000 enough? Honestly, this will be the very first NEW car I've ever bought so I'm not sure exactly how that works. :)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Lanmon......you are a young grasshopper and have much to learn. Let me try to sum it up

1)Very limited production car
2) Dealer must have allocation (2 or 3 per dealer)
3) not every dealer will get one
4) If you get one at MSRP consider yourself a lucky guy
5) Most dealers will up 5K over MSRP.
6) Many dealers already have 2 or 3 poeple with money down.

Good luck in your search, remeber to ask if dealer has allocation, if not he can order it, but it will sit in BX status forever.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
My dad has a friend at the dealership and has a Magnum SRT8 on order and he pays invoice...so you cant say that you wont be able to find a dealer to sell one at invoice you have to find the right dealer...thats all

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
yeah, there are some poeple that will do it, you just got to find the right one. But is your friends dealer Allocated a SRT-8?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I see. So basically dealers aren't going to work out a deal with you at MSRP because they KNOW someone out there will pay the $5000 markup to buy it because it's a limited production car? That's what I kind of figured...but one (even a young grasshopper) can hope for the best. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Let me ask another question. What does it mean to get on the order line and ORDER one directly from Dodge? Does it mean you will actually get one? Does it mean you STILL have to go through a dealer? What does it mean to order one?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Basically some dealers already have poeple that have given deposits, so if a dealer is allocated 2 cars, and there are two poeple ahead of you that have given thier deposit, then there is a slim chance that you will get one, because the other poeple are ahead of you, but if the dealer has 3 allocated, then you can get one....

Just remember to ask the dealer if he has allocation. (if the dealer did not have allocation for the srt magnum, there is a good chance he wont get a charger srt)

·
Registered
87 Posts
so there is no way to order other than from a dealer? So if my dealer in this area is not allocated to receive srt's then there is no other way to be able to get one?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
I firmly believe with some work and a willingness to travel, there should be no reason to pay markups. Dealer stilll think buyers cant shop at a distance. You can. If you paying a markup, your not trying hard enough. A planr ticket to alomst anywhere one way can be had for under $500 from Southwest. Gas and lodging for a trip of 1000 miles wouls still be well under 1K. So you could travel halfway across the country to buy one for under $1500.

I know becuase I bought my SRT-4 this way, flying to FL to get one.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Lanmon, you can order a car from any dealer in the country.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I know I can order them from any dealer...my question is do you HAVE to go through a dealer or is there another way? I'm sure Atlanta probably has 10 different Dodge dealerships...I just hear people talking about ORDERING their's all the time and I didn't know if that was through a dealer or directly from Dodge. I've pretty much always bought my cars at least 1 year used off of the lot so I've never ordered one new before and just aren't really familiar with the process. :)

·
Registered
832 Posts
Lanmon should just do like everybody else and get in good w/a dealer. i've been visiting mine every weekend since i found out about the charger :wink: so he's gonna hook me up.(38 if i can come up w/8 :monster: )

1 - 20 of 45 Posts