Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently test drove the 340 HP R/T, and I absolutely loved it! I can't even imagine how much fun the SRT-8 will be. The only thing I'm worried about is having that much power in a rear wheel drive car during the winter. I know it has traction control, but we're talking about a crazy amount of torque. This will be my only means of transportation, so I will be driving it in all kinds of weather.

What do you guys think? Should I wait for the SRT-8, or is it more logical to get something a bit tamer such as the R/T with the Road and Track package?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Well even a grocery getter like my '66 Newport makes more torque than the SRT-8. If people could do it in the '60s with no traction control, you should be able to swing it. It just takes skill.

·
Registered
608 Posts
gweempose said:
I recently test drove the 340 HP R/T, and I absolutely loved it! I can't even imagine how much fun the SRT-8 will be. The only thing I'm worried about is having that much power in a rear wheel drive car during the winter. I know it has traction control, but we're talking about a crazy amount of torque. This will be my only means of transportation, so I will be driving it in all kinds of weather.

What do you guys think? Should I wait for the SRT-8, or is it more logical to get something a bit tamer such as the R/T with the Road and Track package?
Hey gweem, welcome to the forum. I'll trade you my truck for the SRT8 for the winter, then you will have no problems, lol, jk. Congrats on your order, I am patiently waitin for mine too :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also plan on getting an SRT8 and worry about traction. However the difference in getting either car up to speed slowly in bad weather would prob be minimal. Either car will prob be a challenge in the worst of weather I'd guess. The HP and TQ curves on the 5.7 vs the 6.1 are almost the same until 4K then the 5.7 starts to breathe hard and the 6.1 F'n Screams :eek:

The traction control is getting very good reviews so far.... I'll hope for the best that's all.

·
Banned
591 Posts
I wouldnt even drive an SRT-8 in the winter. If you must then grab some 17" steel wheels and put 4 blizzaks,Hakkaplitas,Ice guards or anything as good and you will have no problems. I drove a 300 with Artic Alpines last winter and zero problems. The cars are really good in the snow and ice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts