Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget to sign up! - www.chrysler.com/inspireddrives

from DCX - Washington, D.C., Jun 08, 2005

MEDIA ADVISORY: Put on Your Driving Gloves and Take a Spin at the Chrysler Inspired Drives Tour Coming to Washington, D.C., June 18-19, 2005

Free, two-day driving event lets consumers see how Chrysler vehicles handle real world challenges on specially designed test tracks
Opportunity to drive two of the hottest Chrysler vehicles, the Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 and the Chrysler 300C SRT8
Drag racing, golf simulations, food and wine tasting demonstrations, face painting and novelty tattoos offer fun activities for the whole family
WHAT:
Chrysler Inspired Drives - the traveling tour that boasts two full days of excitement by allowing consumers to drive the full line-up of popular Chrysler vehicles - is stopping in Washington, D.C., for a free two-day event.

Three exhilarating driving courses will let attendees truly experience some of the hottest vehicles on the road today, such as the Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 and the Chrysler 300C SRT8, and see how they tackle real world challenges like braking and slick roads. The SRT Thrill Rides will be conducted by the renowned driving school Skip Barber Racing. For adrenaline-pumping excitement, visitors will also have a chance to drag race Chrysler vehicles on a closed on-site drag strip.

The event is family-friendly with lifestyle activities such as golf simulations, the Callaway Golf swing analyzers, and food and wine tasting demonstrations for adults, and face painting, coloring, snacks and novelty tattoos for children.

WHO:
Open to the public

WHEN:
Saturday, June 18, 2005, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, June 19, 2005, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

WHERE:
RFK Stadium
2400 East Capitol St.
Washington, D.C. 20003

DETAILS:
Photo Opportunities: Full line of Chrysler brand vehicles maneuvering three exhilarating driving courses.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
KEV!!! It's asking for a code!!!!! I aint got no steeenking code!!!!! Help!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Well, turns out if you call the 888 number, no steenking code is required:) Nice British lady:) Told me to just show up. Now if I can just fit into my day, good thing its Fathers day, that thorws a lot of wieght in my favor:)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Is anyone else going besides me? I plan on getting there between 0900 and 1000.

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Just got back, wooooohoooooo!!!!! While it would have been cool to drive the -6 and -8, it was still incredible to take a ride with the Skip Barber guys. Man, those dudes can DRIVE!!!! Full powerslide 360, smoke coming off the rear tires, launch, powerslide turns!!!

Freaking great!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I hope that they will bring this to Phoenix... Firebird Raceway with Bondurant Racing School seems like a perfect place... :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Now don't confuse this marketing thing with the SRT Track Experience that tacks $300 onto the SRTS price. This was in a stadium parking lot, not a racetrack.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GLHS837 said:
KEV!!! It's asking for a code!!!!! I aint got no steeenking code!!!!! Help!!!!!!
No Invitiation Code was need to register online. Just keep clicking.

Chrysler does not do a good job of advertising these event. Not even there dealerships or salesman were aware of it.

I went around 5 on Saturday, attendance was low. Got a couple of free hand rolled cigars. Hell, I have not smoked the 2 cigars from last years event. I drove with one Skip Barber driver in the SRT-6 and he was spinning the steering wheel like a roulette table. Woo-Hoo! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GLHS837 said:
Now don't confuse this marketing thing with the SRT Track Experience that tacks $300 onto the SRTS price. This was in a stadium parking lot, not a racetrack.
There is a pro race track on that parking lot. I was dissappointed because the mail confirmation I got had a picture of that race track and I thought they were going to use.

There was a full pro race track surface built there 3 years ago for the now defunct Cadillac Grand Prix. They were supposed to run this race for 10 years but the contract fell thru. I attended this race in 2003:

Cadillac Grand Prix

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, if it was an older guy in the -6 that was Terry, a lead instructor for Skip Barber. I actually got to ride in both, since there was nobody waiting. I asked Terry about the Track Experieince, he said it should be a blast. I told him we need a VIR date AFTER I get my Charger:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts