Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used 2013 SRT 8 Jeep and seems real nice and am now wondering to go with a Charger or a Jeep. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I found a used 2013 SRT 8 Jeep and seems real nice and am now wondering to go with a Charger or a Jeep. Any thoughts?
Does the Jeep have AWD or the 8spd tranny? If either, the Jeep!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Yeah, the 2014 got the 8-speed. But for fun, I'd still consider the Jeep. Drive them both and see what "feels" better.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Charger

The Jeep is slower and burns a lot more gas. The 2nd gen Jeep SRT with the 5 speed isn't much faster than a 2nd gen Charger R/T

Not even in the same league with respect to speed

I get the Charger then grab a second set of wheels with Blizzaks

·
Registered
77 Posts
2014 Charger and Jeep, both SRT
I'd go for the Charger. I like the GC and there's nothing wrong with it at all but (at least to me) it sort of lost it's fun factor. I still own the 1st gen GC SRT and even though it isn't as refined as the new one it's still a ball to drive.

EDIT: I may change my mind about the GC this Monday. I'm gonna drive the sh*t out of it at Laguna Seca @ the SRT Driving Experience. My previous experience with it was at a dealer test drive when I was thinking about trading in my GC.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My vote is for the jeep all day long.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Drove the SRT Jeep at the track experience, it was like driving a go-kart! It was so much fun. We were pushing it pretty hard that day and we were also in the middle of a major rain storm and no one was able to break the jeep free form the pavement. Would love to own one, but they are just too expensive. If you can get a used one at a good price, go for it!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
The is nothing like an SRT jeep, just awesome in so many ways, this is comiNg from the owner of 2 charger SRT cars, but my wife has the Jeep and it just plain rocks in every way. So much better quality interior, and hauls A$$ awd, and tons of room, awesome brakes great handling. And rare!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go on youtube and watch Jeep SRT8 race. Guys with over 1000hp running 9s. Id say it all depends on the situation. Im assuming NC doesnt get much snow so its all about what you really want to use it for. Like someone said before, test drive them both and go with the one that feels better. Both are amazing vehicles

·
Registered
261 Posts
In the real world, the Charger will run away and hide from the Jeep.

With the difference in price buy a used 4 x 4 for snow days

You don't need 470HP in the snow anyway - nor do you want to drive an expensive car with all the igit galoots on the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts