Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for the guy that owns the Black SRT-8 Charger that was at RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom the other day. I saw your car at the visitors center as I was leaving base. Nice car man.

Anyway, I think you may have run into another guy I know with a Mopar S3 SRT-4 down towards the london area. I just wanted to introduce myself and see if you wanted to meet up ever for some track days at Santapod Raceway. Other than some Vipers, a few SRT-10 Rams and a bunch of us "Neon" guys going down there that is about it.

I know there is a SRT-8 Magnum on Lakenheath somewhere. Keep missing him.

Anyway, My name is Scott. Like the username didn't give that away. I have an '05 SRT-4. Been modified somewhat. It is a hybrid Mopar Stage 2 car since it isn't just Stage 2. Bunch of other bolt-ons done on the car.

Anyway send me a PM or look me up on SRTforums dot com (same username there).

Later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey whats up? Thats my SRT-8, they wouldnt let me on base that day because I didnt have the right paperwork so I had to leave it at the visitor center. I work with the guy in London who has the SRT-4, we came up to the car show last weekend at Duxford. I think he said you were supposed to come out there too. My name is Brian, if you wanna go to the track or somthing just let me know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey whats up? Thats my SRT-8, they wouldnt let me on base that day because I didnt have the right paperwork so I had to leave it at the visitor center. I work with the guy in London who has the SRT-4, we came up to the car show last weekend at Duxford. I think he said you were supposed to come out there too. My name is Brian, if you wanna go to the track or somthing just let me know.
Hey Brian, nice to meet you. Yeah man your car looked great. :)

I saw a red one at the dodge stealership when I went back home last winter. drool coming out of my mouth is pretty much the only thing I can think of to describe how bad I wanted that car. :)

Definately on the track day. I know they may be trying to go out to santapod raceway this weekend. I can't, I will be in Italy this weekend. But the following weekend (13-14 Oct) I am hear before my vacation and plan on hitting the track up one last time for the season. Definately wouldn't mind getting together then. Hopefully get the other SRT-4 guys out there with maybe a SRT-8 Magnum if I can get ahold of him. Good to hear from ya and find ya.

Oh btw, here is the UK thread for all the SRT-4 guys, and some other cars as well, atleast one MS3 which we have adopted. :)
(DOH, i need like 5 post to post a link so look out here comes some post whoring :) )

Feel free to drop in and say high. I know the other guys would love to meet the big brother to our car. :)

Most track day plans and dyno runs get worked out in that thread. Just skip to the end. otherwise you have alot of reading to do and a good portion of it is just BS. LOL

Later man.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, you missed a good show Scott. We got to make fun of all the Triumphs there, and you couldnt beath the weather. And somehow we ended up NOT paying the 10lbs to get in.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Wow, I cant imagine the attention you get at the 'heath with an SRT. I was stationed there from 92-96. I had a mustang GT at the time and the locals loved the V8 muscle. I miss the UK, have a good time guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, I cant imagine the attention you get at the 'heath with an SRT. I was stationed there from 92-96. I had a mustang GT at the time and the locals loved the V8 muscle. I miss the UK, have a good time guys.
Yeah they really like my car here. I have had some people want to buy it

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Big-O, hey man sorry for some reason the forums didn't email me saying you replied. Anyway I am heading out to the Pod this weekend, Saturday to race one last time before I go on leave and miss the last 2 track days. You and Blaster are more than welcome to come on out. Jeff (other orange SRT-4) can't make it due to having to pull weekend duty. I still have to check with Justin (silver SRT-4) and I don't think Kris (other black SRT-4) can make it due to funds. I think one of the guys I know with a Mach 1 Mustang GT might come out too. He has added a supercharger or turbo, not sure which one yet, since I beat him the last time at the track by almost a second. :) I guess he was jealous. LOL Oh well he is a cool guy and has a really nice looking car. I wish him luck to get low 12's. :)

Anyway let me know if you want to go. I will probably get there around 0930 or so, so I get que'd up as early as possible. Last weekend I guess they had alot of of breaks on the track so I want to get as many runs in as possible before cars start crapping out. :)

Talk to you later man.

FlyByU, yeah man, the brits seem to love the SRT's. The 4's get alot of questions on them and they seem to be amazed at how much power and what kind of times they can put down at the track, especially for a neon since the neon isn't really a big race/tuner car over here at all. I can only imagine that the hype with Big-O's is even more since he probably has one of the few if not only Charger SRT-8 over here. Only other SRT-8 that I have seen here is a Magnum on Lakenheath. Left a card for him to contact us on the forums but so far nothing. Living here isn't bad at all but I do miss the states. I hate having to use the USPS for shipping, vendors that don't ship to APO, and the wait for everything to arrive. Plus the $2+ to the pound is killing me too. :)

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Trust me, when you leave, you will miss it. Enjoy it while you can.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I was able to meet one of my goals today. I was going for a 12.3 and a 12.2. I was able to get a 12.3

60 ft: 1.8011
330 ft: 5.1860
1/8 ET: 7.9319
1/8 MPH: 89.85
1000 ft: 10.2551
1/4 ET: 12.3310
1/4 MPH: 112.24

Next year 11's are coming. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Big O's SRT8 did cause quite a stir at Lakenheath...everyone I know has been trying to figure out who's it is. I'm just glad it's no one stationed there...cuz that means I still have the coolest Charger on base :grin: As for the Magnum...I've seen it around as well, it was on the lemon lot for sale a month or so ago, not sure if it's changed owners yet or if the guy decided to keep it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Big O's SRT8 did cause quite a stir at Lakenheath...everyone I know has been trying to figure out who's it is. I'm just glad it's no one stationed there...cuz that means I still have the coolest Charger on base :grin: As for the Magnum...I've seen it around as well, it was on the lemon lot for sale a month or so ago, not sure if it's changed owners yet or if the guy decided to keep it.

LOL, well that is cool, I wish he lived alittle closer though. If you ever want to go out to the track with us though you are more than welcome to. I am always interested in watching all cars run there at the track. :) Always lots of fun. I love the chargers. Would want one of them over the challenger.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I lwork at the 48th OSS. WOW, I knew that there where some tight cars around here. The other day I seen a 300 SRT-8 down at Bath. You know he payed alot for a U.K. spec srt-8. I just order a 08 R/T with R&T on it. Ya'll will not see it because I'm getting it shipped to Little Rock(Feb).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I lwork at the 48th OSS. WOW, I knew that there where some tight cars around here. The other day I seen a 300 SRT-8 down at Bath. You know he payed alot for a U.K. spec srt-8. I just order a 08 R/T with R&T on it. Ya'll will not see it because I'm getting it shipped to Little Rock(Feb).
Where do you work in the 48th OSS? I work in Current Operations. The R/T chargers look great. SRT-8's look better but the R/T's still look very nice. What is included in the R&T package? Upgraded suspention?

I am the guy with the Black w/ Silver stripes SRT-4 out in front of the main OSS building.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Where do you work in the 48th OSS? I work in Current Operations. The R/T chargers look great. SRT-8's look better but the R/T's still look very nice. What is included in the R&T package? Upgraded suspention?

I am the guy with the Black w/ Silver stripes SRT-4 out in front of the main OSS building.
I work for OSL. The thing between the R/T and R/T with R&T is;

R/T R Pkg.

This package contains the following features:

350hp.

Additional Features
- Black Grille with Black Honeycomb Insert
- "R/T" Badge
- Front Fascia Spoiler
- Rear Body-Color Spoiler
- High-Speed Engine Controller
- Performance Steering
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel