Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had heard about any plans by dodge to make an SRT-8 in AWD or release models with a manuel in the near future.

I could have got an srt-8 but opted down to the rt so that i could get an awd. Not that i need it weather wise i just got it for the preformance.

The only thing i dont like about the car is that u couldnt get it in a manuel and u couldnt get an srt-8 in awd

I plan on doing quite a few mods but if there are going to be a srt awd or manuel coming out then im just going to hold of till then.

any help?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I could have got an srt-8 but opted down to the rt so that i could get an awd. Not that i need it weather wise i just got it for the preformance.
you got the awd rt over the srt8 for performance wise? is it me or this statement doesnt make any sense

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i opted for the awd performance over the sheer horse power!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
I don't know if I'd go THAT far; it's not as if an R/T accelerates like a Scion. :)
I agree, but as a former R/T and now an SRT8 owner, I can tell you, the R/T FEELS slow after you have been driving the SRT8. :grin:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like i said i opted for road performance over the 80hp acceleration increase.

not to dis any srt-8 owners. there bad azz cars i got nothing but love.

my guestion was has anyone heard any rumor about an srt awd or a manuel version in the upcoming years?

·
Registered
8,719 Posts

my guestion was has anyone heard any rumor about an srt awd or a manuel version in the upcoming years?

to answer your original question, no.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Dude, nobody dissed by you, just trying to educate you. The SRT8 outperforms the RT in both 'road performance' and acceleration. The AWD is the slowest of the RT's.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Dude, nobody dissed by you, just trying to educate you. The SRT8 outperforms the RT in both 'road performance' and acceleration. The AWD is the slowest of the RT's.
I can't understand what road performance he/she is talking about?

The SRT8 drastically outhandles the AWD R/T unless you put rain and snow down on the ground.

Perhaps he meant he opted for the all weather security and still good performance of the AWD R/T over the great dry weather only performance of the SRT8?

Then again, if you go with something other than F1s the bad weather handling of the SRT8 isn't that bad.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
To anwser the original question:

Manual Trans SRT8 - wait for either 2009 or 2010 Challenger

AWD SRT8 - go now to your local Jeep dealer

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Has anyone compared AWD perfomance to regular RT?
I would think it would be slower just due to the weight...... might not be a very large difference but they can't be heavier and faster.... right?
If i lived where it snowed I'd have the AWD.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Has anyone compared AWD perfomance to regular RT?
I would think it would be slower just due to the weight...... might not be a very large difference but they can't be heavier and faster.... right?
If i lived where it snowed I'd have the AWD.
in the quarter miles iv seen enough proof to say that its pretty dead on even between the 2
but if you wanna race off the line to 60, awd will win

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
let me give u an example of what i mean.

going home the other day i turned off esp and then turned on my road (which is about 110 degree trun) i slamed on the gas and all 4 tires dig in and my car launces around the trun.

had this been and rt or srt the back end would have came out in a heart beat. (i know this for a fact because i test drove them before buying my rt awd and gave them the same test)(i actually almost ended up with the rt because the end came around and i amost hit another car)

·
Registered
502 Posts
i was wondering if anyone had heard about any plans by dodge to make an SRT-8 in AWD or release models with a manuel in the near future.

The only thing i dont like about the car is that u couldnt get it in a manuel and u couldnt get an srt-8 in awd

I plan on doing quite a few mods but if there are going to be a srt awd or manuel coming out then im just going to hold of till then.

any help?
AWD on the Charger is not a performance option. I believe it has a better gear ratio to keep it on par with the RWD R/T's acceleration despite the added weight. You'll notice that you can not get the performance related Road & Track option on AWD cars.

I do not think the AWD drivetrain would handle the power from the SRT8 and it adversely affect the already poor gas mileage so I don't think that will ever be an option.

As for the possibility of a manual trans, if it happens it would likely not be an option on AWD cars IMO.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
let me give u an example of what i mean.

going home the other day i turned off esp and then turned on my road (which is about 110 degree trun) i slamed on the gas and all 4 tires dig in and my car launces around the trun.

had this been and rt or srt the back end would have came out in a heart beat. (i know this for a fact because i test drove them before buying my rt awd and gave them the same test)(i actually almost ended up with the rt because the end came around and i amost hit another car)
If you do silly things when you drive like that, then yes, I recommend AWD. I could get up to a greater speed on the straight before that turn, pass you, brake deeper and make that turn quicker with the SRT-8.

AWD doesn't give any advantage on a dry track - and if you went fast enough, instead of the rear end swinging around, you would simply drift out and go headfirst into the tree/wall/barrier.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts