Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on the way home from work tonight a mysterious squeaking started comin from the right side of my dash. I've read threads before about the rattling but this is different. The rattling comes from the left side of the dash and is a completly different sound. I'm not sure how else to explain it other than a squeaking noise, and it usually is only when I brake (atleast that's when I guess I notice it most). Its almost sounds like a mouse and when I brake it squeaks. It on the inside because it sounds like its literally inside the dashboard. Any ideas as to what this could be? I'm willing to try almost anything!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
My dash does it too. When I'm not at a show ect for a temp fix I fold a piece of cardboard and wedge it between the dash/window. I'm sure their is a better way I just haven't been pissed enough to pull the dash yet.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Put out some Cheese & see if it goes a way!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dash does it too. When I'm not at a show ect for a temp fix I fold a piece of cardboard and wedge it between the dash/window. I'm sure their is a better way I just haven't been pissed enough to pull the dash yet.
hmm, im gonna see how it goes tomorrow and if it keeps goin i might do this for a temp fix. im gonna try and fix the rattling when it gets warmer and maybe i can check this out too

Put out some Cheese & see if it goes a way!
lmao!
Well it could actually be a mouse. They are known to live in cars.
I hope theres not a mouse in my car! lol but if there is.. at least he has good taste in cars!! :beerchug:

Any other suggestions?!?!

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
It isint there when it's warm. Atleast not to me.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I've got the same problem. OK when it's warm but not when it's cool. I folded up a piece of leather and pushed it in between the window and the dash about 4" to the left of the right speaker. That stopped it year 'round. I know (like Nightmare) there's a better fix, but this works so I haven't been too motivated to find it.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It isint there when it's warm. Atleast not to me.
I've got the same problem. OK when it's warm but not when it's cool. I folded up a piece of leather and pushed it in between the window and the dash about 4" to the left of the right speaker. That stopped it year 'round. I know (like Nightmare) there's a better fix, but this works so I haven't been too motivated to find it.
That might explain it! It just started dropping into the twenties at night so this may be the problem! thanks for the advice guys! :beerchug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts