Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Charger Scat Pack
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
******THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, SEE THE LAST POST FOR MY RESOLUTION*******************

I just started noticing this awful sound coming from the right rear suspension. I've got the Eibach Pro Kit and have never had any issues. Any ideas on what this might be?

In the video, the first part is when I'm pressing on the right rear of the car and the second part is when I start pressing on the left rear side...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeRuroOid8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Everything is torqued to spec and nothing, that I can see, is loose.

Any ideas:confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I had some clunking in the rear driver side, turned out to be one of the bolts that holds the top of the strut down to wheel well was lose. And on another occasion, my breaker bar had fallen into the spare tire tub and was tumbling around causing a knocking noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2020 Charger Scat Pack
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions, Razor... the first thing I checked was the trunk. The spare tire was a little loose, so I tightened that up, but that didn't do it. All of the strut bolts are tightened to spec. I checked the exhaust and found that one of the rubber bushings for the rear hanger was bad, I replaced that, but that didn't do it either. I have narrowed it down to something in the suspension but can't figure out if it's a bad strut, something with the spring or control arm bushing. It almost sounds like the strut is making the squeaking noise, but I cannot figure out what's causing the knocking.

·
Registered
2020 Charger Scat Pack
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured out what the issue was... after removing the strut, I could hear that the lower spring boot was causing the squeaking noise and I saw that part of the boot was worn thin. I put a little lube on the boot and wedged a piece of rubber under the spring where the boot had worn away. After that, I took her for a test drive and all I hear now is the purr of that sweet HEMI!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts