Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing this squeak noise when I tap the throttle and it seems to only happen when I am cruising under 10 mph. Has anyone else experienced this? I do have an aftermarket CAI I don't know if it might be coming from that

·
Registered
153 Posts
The other 2 threads should go away shortly. At least this one is in the right place.

With that administrative issue soon to be resolved, welcome new member!

I doubt the CAI has anything to do with the squeak. Common items are belts and pulleys, and the water pump.

What car and engine, what year, how many miles on it? This information might help someone to give you more specific direction for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other 2 threads should go away shortly. At least this one is in the right place.

With that administrative issue soon to be resolved, welcome new member!

I doubt the CAI has anything to do with the squeak. Common items are belts and pulleys, and the water pump.

What car and engine, what year, how many miles on it? This information might help someone to give you more specific direction for troubleshooting.
It is a 2019 Charger Scatpack with 43k miles

·
Registered
26 Posts
It is a 2019 Charger Scatpack with 43k miles
2018 Charger Daytona (5.7) with under 35k miles.

I noticed a little squeak tonight on mine as you described. I was cruising through a neighborhood and when I’d accelerate slightly (still under 15-20 MPH) and let off the gas I’d immediately hear the squeak . I could replicate it multiple times in the same fashion. I’ve been reading threads all night and I’m going to check the lower radiator hose as I’ve read about apparent issues with the clamp making contact and squeaking when the engine slightly shifts under load. Otherwise, I’m at a loss so far, and I am very interested in anything else other members may have to say.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Water pump x2 . Far more prevalent than lifter failures, and far more overlooked.

There was more than 1 bad batch from '17 on. My 17 just hit 30k miles snd I'm ordering my water pump Monday.

Many guys here can tell you it's a 30k mile thing lol. Luckily, it's not an engine rebuild, just a bolt on part. The replacements seem to be holding up much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts