Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: SRT Engineer Chat HERE on September 19th!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarDude
Thank you for the answer to my first question but can you answer the second one?

This pertains to the electronic throttle body in the 08 Viper? Drive by wire; it also pertains to our Charger...thanks

I asked about the throttle only giving 75% in 1st and 2nd...and he answered

You might want to do a search on one of the Charger forums. There is photographic evidence to answer your question.

Anyone know what he is talking about

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
What he's talking about is that if you look at one sensor reading, it appears that the car only opens the throttle %75, and people assumed that was the truth. And of, course, SRT engineers being idiots (I dont get why people buy cars from people they assume are stupid) they choked off power by doing so.

Again, as usual, its not quite that easy. Theres two different sensors in the throttle body, which read differently. A guy on the Jeep SRT site actually investigated this, turns out that the blade actually gets to at or over %90 enough that its not going to impede airflow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He did reply to his own post...

Re: SRT Engineer Chat HERE on September 19th!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtengineers
You might want to do a search on one of the Charger forums. There is photographic evidence to answer your question.

PS The throttle is open all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts