Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have some strange aftermarket spoiler that the dealer thought would be cute to put on. its not bad, but its not as sharp lookin as the SRT spoiler(which im on the fence about getting too)

but i was also lookin at a 3 piece spoiler instead.

problem is ima have holes in my hood. what would have to be done to repair them? any guess on labor cost? paint i assume as well?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Why would you have holes in your hood? But if you mean trunk I would think that you would probably need a new trunk lid. Just find someone that has a wrecked car and see if you can get it from him or go check the junkyard.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yeah the only proper way to fill holes would be to grind the paint off and the plug weld them, grind the weld down smooth, perform the needed body work, theprimeand paint.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol "hood" im a dumbass.
Yeah the only proper way to fill holes would be to grind the paint off and the plug weld them, grind the weld down smooth, perform the needed body work, theprimeand paint.
i assumed as much. thanks :) may just have to go with the srt spoiler instead, but now i needa find out if the holes will line up, or at least be covered by the SRT spoiler.

thanks

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Can we get pics of your current spoiler?

My trunk lid is without spoiler; I might be willing to swap you if you're game and I like yours.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The SRT Spoiler has 2 stalk points. Just get a measurement of those and see if they line up with the stalk points you have now. Then, go from there. GL.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill try to get a pic when i get off work. ive been wanting to post one anyway cuz ive had more than 1 person ask about what it is when i mention it. fact. im bored and may take a lunch break.. but heck its 2:10. that means il lbe back at 3:10... idk.

Can we get pics of your current spoiler?

My trunk lid is without spoiler; I might be willing to swap you if you're game and I like yours.

your car silver? :p

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok your also gonna have to tell me where you ordered the color matched lip spoiler from? i think i may have had my heart skip a beat thats so sexy.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
ok your also gonna have to tell me where you ordered the color matched lip spoiler from? i think i may have had my heart skip a beat thats so sexy.
That's the MoPower chin spoiler. I asked to have it painted when I bought it. I was on the fence about keeping it for a while but when I finally got it on I was really happy I didn't sell it.

If you have a Daytona chin spoiler already it uses the holes that are already there. If not, get down there with a drill and pray. :D I was SO relieved when I got it on straight, because I suck at those kinds of things.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im obsessive compulsive so im pretty confident i can get it straight :) looks beautiful tho, i think i may have to copy cat that.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so, when price hunting, why cant i locate a mopower spoiler?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mopower is the user name on LX Forums. His company is Danko Reproductions under the vendor list on LXF.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Have to PM MoPower directly regarding it, either here or on LX Forums. He does offer a forum discount, or did when I ordered anyway.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
this is the spoiler i have, jsut waxed the baby yesterday, looks nice, but the sun was shining on some parts and otehrs were in shadows in my drive way so it washed out some pictures and i had a hard tiem capturing solid images.

liek i said, this spoiler was added by the dealership before R/T's had the sspoiler option. it was on the showroom floor and they wanted to make it look sharp when they first came out. so this is waht they used

but they work good, heres they are:

everything is reflecting off her, makes it look weird, but shes clean as a whistle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts