Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the black Daytona-style spoiler for my SXT from my dealer. It's still in the box.

I have a question: Does the spoiler on the stock Daytona line up flush with the back of the trunk, or is there any gap at all? I've seen pictures from folks who have added it themselves, and some have a small gap (typically less than 2 inches)--I'm not sure I dig this.

As far as stock Daytonas go, it just so happens that all the pictures I have haven't been taken from such an angle from which I can easily tell. Any Daytona owners care to describe theirs?

(not looking forward to the drilling holes part...)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my own answer...

Turns out the box contains a sheet with pretty much foolproof instructions (until they come up with a better fool, I guess). There's a sheet that you have to cut along the lines (and line up along the corners of the trunk) with the holes indicating the right place.

I think I need decals now, and the trunk blackout...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
It's not flush with the lip - close though, about 1/8". I measured a Super Bee at the dealer before I put mine on. Advice - measure, measure measure and remeasure. Then, just before you drill - measure again. It is a moment of "High Anxiety" when the drill bit goes in.... and don't forget to prime and paint the holes...and put down some masking tape where you drill through - prevents drill slip. I also used one of those spring-loaded nail punches to mark the spot.

Can you tell I was nervous? :nervous s

Came out nice though - got compliments from the local body shop.:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bullet--thanks for the advice, but in the end it was installed already when I posted my own reply. :) My dad helped me with it (or, rather, I helped him), and we pretty much had already done what you suggested, except for the painting part--we used silicon instead.

anorth--the dealer had it priced at $360 (Canadian) but I had it for less than that (my dad was an employee there until he retired last year, and still gets a discount). I'm not entirely sure whether I can tell the exact price. I don't want to be quoted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts